As you know, I’m all about keeping things simple – and this easy low carb breakfast casserole does just that. This easy keto breakfast casserole is loaded with eggs, bacon, sausage and cheese and oh so easy to make!
Easy Low Carb Breakfast Casserole
When I say simple, I mean really, really simple. You mix together a few ingredients, bake the casserole, and ENJOY!
With just a few ingredients you will have an amazing Low carb breakfast casserole with bacon, sausage, egg and cheese with no bread that tastes so amazing you wont even miss the bread!
Living a low carb lifestyle has changed my entire outlook on everything. I now plan everything out (as much as possible) because healthy eating is priority to me. If I don’t plan things then I end up going back to my old ways and I don’t want to do that.
Looking for more Low Carb Breakfast ideas? Check these out!
Most people don’t even think of making a breakfast egg casserole with out potatoes or bread because that is what many of us are used to. However, I promise you won’t even miss them when you make this easy low carb breakfast recipe.
Casserole is a staple in our house in general. I love making low carb casseroles for dinner because they are so easy. You just dump the ingredients in a pan and then bake it in the oven.
The same goes for this sausage, cheese, bacon and egg breakfast casserole! You just mix all the ingredients up and let it bake in the oven.
Making a breakfast casserole totally frees up time in the morning to enjoy a cup of coffee, which lately for me has been my favorite Keto whipped coffee. If you haven’t tried it yet, I highly suggest you do! It is amazing!
Can you make a keto breakfast casserole ahead of time?
This Keto bacon and Egg Casserole is the perfect meal to make ahead of time. It’s so easy to prepare, and you can easily reheat it on busy mornings.
To make ahead, simply assemble the casserole as directed, but don’t bake it. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. When you’re ready to eat, bake the casserole as directed.
How to Store Keto Breakfast Casserole
The leftover keto egg casserole should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Make sure it is fully cooled before moving it to the container or wrapping it well with plastic wrap. The casserole will last for about 4 days when stored properly.
When ready to reheat, simply place the piece of casserole on a microwave-safe plate and reheat for about 30 seconds. If it needs a longer time, do a few seconds at a time to prevent overheating it. If the casserole is overheated, it will get tough and rubbery.
How to Freeze Keto Breakfast Casserole
Depending on how you want to serve it later, there are a few ways to freeze this egg breakfast casserole.
- Freeze the whole pan. You can bake it in an aluminum foil baking pan and then allow it to cool completely and freeze as a full casserole.
- Freeze in individual serving sizes. Allow the casserole to cool completely and then cut into individual serving pieces. Freeze in plastic wrap or use a foodsaver to freezer bag the portions and then store them in the freezer.
Low Carb Breakfast Casserole Ingredients
- ground sausage
- half and half
- onion powder
- cheddar cheese
- chives (optional)
How to Make Low Carb Breakfast Casserole
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the half and half and eggs.
Mix in the salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder and 8 ounces of cheese. Set aside.
Add the sausage to the egg mixture.
Add in the bacon and mix everything together until well incorporated.Layer your egg and sausage mixture and cheese.
Cover pan with foil and place in oven and bake for 25 minutes, remove foil and bake an additional 15-20 minutes, or until browned and the casserole is no longer soft in the middle.
If you like yours more browned, you can place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes (but keep an eye on them so they don’t burn).
Remove pan from oven and cool. Slice and enjoy!
Egg, Bacon, sausage and cheese Low Carb breakfast casserole
- 1 pound ground sausage browned and drained
- 1 pound bacon cooked and diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic diced
- 1 cups half and half
- 12-15 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 12 ounces shredded cheddar cheese divided
- Chives for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the half and half and eggs.
- Mix in the salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder and 8 ounces of cheese. Set aside.
- Add the sausage to the egg mixture.
- Add in the bacon and mix everything together until well incorporated.
- Layer your egg and sausage mixture and cheese.
- Cover pan with foil and place in oven and bake for 25 minutes, remove foil and bake an additional 15-20 minutes, or until browned and the casserole is no longer soft in the middle. If you like yours more browned, you can place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes (but keep an eye on them so they don’t burn).
- Remove pan from oven and cool. Slice and enjoy!