I have always heard that you need more than one day to TRULY experience it, when you visit Disney World… that you can’t possibly spend just one day at Disney. Well, guess what! It’s entirely possible to spend one day at Disney World and have loads of fun! Here are some awesome ways to have a great time, while you spend one day at Disney World!
The Best Way to Spend One Day at Disney World
Go in With a Plan
There are so many things to see and do at Walt Disney World, it’s super easy to lose track of time while exploring the parks. So, it’s best to decide on a few attractions and experiences you don’t want to miss and use the list to create a schedule of the things you want to accomplish for the big event.
There are number of websites online that are great resources for doing this, with guest reviews of attractions as well as maps and information on when each one is the busiest.
Don’t try to fit too many things into your schedule. Leave plenty of time in between each experience to still enjoy a bit of spontaneous fun without feeling rushed.
Take Advantage of FastPass+
FastPass+ is a service that allows Disney World guests to reserve a seat on rides or attractions in any theme park. It’s practically essential for a one-day trip. Why? You’re able to cut out much of the time you typically spend standing in line for popular attractions.
You can use the Walt Disney World website or the My Disney Experience mobile app to make your FastPass+ selections up to 30 days before your day in the park, or 60 days if you plan to stay overnight at a Disney hotel or resort.
Here’s a reminder. Because you’ll be able to skip the standard line, it’s best to use your FastPass+ selections on busy attractions, like the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train or the Epcot Test Track.
Be There for Rope Drop
Rope drop is the term used to describe the time Walt Disney World parks open, even when an actual rope isn’t used to mark the park as still being closed. If you want as much park time as possible, plan to be at the entrance of one of the parks at this specific time.
The parks also tend to be a bit less busy early in the morning, so you may be able to beat the crowds to some of the more popular attractions.
Try a Dining Experience
You’ll have to eat during your day at Disney World, so why not try one of Disney’s fantastic table dining experiences? These meals are a bit more expensive than eating at the quick service restaurants in the park. But, they do allow you to eat in a more comfortable setting surrounded by stunning decor that makes you feel like you’ve stepped into one of your favorite Disney movies.
Reservations for these dining experiences can be made as many as 180 days before your trip. However, keep this in mind, eating at a table service restaurant can take an hour or longer, so you may want to stick with quick service locations if you’d rather have as much time for rides as possible.
These are just a few tips on how I would spend one day at Disney World.
Get ready… get set… start packing!
Pro tip: You can also use the app to meet characters!
More Disney Travel Tips to check out!
Be sure to check out all of our other Disney World vacation planning posts, to help you make the most of your Disney World trip!
- Disney Military Discount – All the Discount Military Members can get from Disney Tickets, Hotel and more!
- Disney Tips – Secrets about Disney World from Disney Cast Members
- Best Disney Hotels for Families – Going to Disney with the family? Check out these resorts that are perfect for families going to Disney world.
- How to Ride More Rides at Disney World – Want to ride the most rides while at Disney? Be sure you check out these tips!
- Weeklong Disney World Vacation Tips – Making your Disney World Trip a week long adventure? Be sure to check out these Disney vacation planning tips!
- Bippity Boppity Botique – Everything you need to know about the Princess (and Prince Disney World Makeovers)
- Disney free stuff – Everything you can score for free at Disney World – and so many of them are AWESOME!
- Tips for Doing Disney World in the Rain! Don’t let a little rain get in the way of your fun! You can still have an amazing time even when it is raining at Disney World!