Lemon Garlic Tilapia is a quick and easy low carb tilapia recipe that is perfect for week night dinner. Baked tilapia with a creamy lemon garlic sauce is a dinner the whole family will enjoy.
Baked Lemon Garlic Tilapia
I love lemon garlic chicken and Lemon Garlic Shrimp and I thought that the lemon garlic sauce I use for that recipe would be amazing with fish and boy was I right. This low carb baked tilapia recipe was loved by everyone in my house.
I have to admit that I am not normally a fan of tilapia. The fish is great when you are wanting a budget-friendly seafood, but it does not have a strong fish flavor. In our house we love seafood, we love fish and we enjoy fish that has a strong fish flavor. Tilapia has a light flavor that is perfect for those who do not like a strong flavored fish.
What to Serve with Tilapia
There are a lot of tasty low carb side dishes that pair well with Tilapia. When we make this low carb tilapia recipe I like to make baked or steamed veggies like cauliflower and broccoli and then add some of the lemon garlic sauce on top of them.
- Low Carb Olive Garden Salad
- Cheesy Brussel Sprouts
- Green beans with bacon
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower recipe
- Broccoli Slaw
- Caesar Salad
Lemon Garlic Tilapia Recipe Ingredients
- tilapia fillets
- chicken broth
- lemon juice – fresh squeezed or jarred
- minced garlic
- red pepper flakes
- olive oil
- heavy cream
- chopped parsley
How to Make Lemon Garlic Tilapia
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Quick pan fry the tilapia filets.
Make the lemon garlic sauce in a skillet.
Bake in the oven.
When baking in the oven you can use the skillet you made the sauce in, if you do not have an oven-safe skillet, transfer the fish to a baking dish. Then pour the creamy lemon sauce on top.
Top with chopped parsley and lemon slices when done baking.
Low Carb Seafood Recipes
- Bacon Wrapped scallops
- Grilled Salmon with avocado salsa
- Oven baked Salmon
- Sheet pan shrimp boil
- Shrimp Scampi Spaghetti Squash
- 2 pounds tilapia fillets
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pat the fish dry and season it with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken broth, lemon juice, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add the fish and cook the skin side of the fish for 2-3 minutes. Remove the fish and place on a plate.
- Add in the chicken broth mixture. Using a whisk, scrape the bottom of the pan so all the brown bits are loosened.
- Let the sauce reduce for about 8-10 minutes, remove from the flame. Add the butter and whisk until the butter completely melts. Add the heavy cream to the pan and stir until combined, add the fish into the sauce.
- Place the skillet in the oven for 5-8 minutes or until the fish is completely cooked through.
- If you do not have an oven-safe skillet, transfer the fish to a baking dish. Then pour the creamy lemon sauce on top.
- Top with chopped parsley and lemon slices when done cooking.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 433Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 163mgSodium: 556mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 61g