This low carb chicken caesar salad with chicken has everything you want in a caesar salad while being low carb and keto! Crisp Romain lettuce, juicy chicken, crispy parmesan chips and a creamy homemade Keto Caesar salad dressing.
Low Carb Caesar Salad with Chicken
I used to hate the idea of eating a salad. They seemed so boring and so lacking in flavor until I started creating my own salads and making the full of flavor with different ingredients and homemade salad dressings.
Now I love salad! I love loading up a plate with flavorful vegetables and proteins and a tasty homemade salad dressing. Loading them up with healthy goodness not only makes them taste great but makes them filling and perfect for a meal as well.
What to Serve with Caesar Salad
While I like making this low carb Caesar salad as a meal, you can also make it as a side dish and make it with or with out the chicken. If you are looking for main dish recipes that go with Caesar salad, check out a few of our favorites.
- Meatball Casserole
- Easy Keto Pizza Rollups
- Instant Pot Pot Roast
- Chicken and Cauliflower Soup
- Grilled Steak with butter compound
Low Carb Caesar Salad with Chicken Ingredients
Homemade Low Carb Caesar salad dressing. Using the recipe below you will be making a homemade low carb and keto Caesar Salad dressing. Making homemade salad dressing is super easy to do. You can even make larger batches of the dressing so you have it on hand to easily use as you want to.
Chicken Breasts. Boneless skinless chicken breasts, are cut in half width wise so you have a thin piece of chicken. This makes it quicker and easier for cooking.
Romain Lettuce. Fresh crispy Romain lettuce is a must when making a Caesar salad.
Parmesan cheese. I prefer to have a block of parmesan cheese and shred it myself, but you can use pre shredded parmesan cheese found in the deli section of the grocery store.
Variations of this Recipe
The basic toppings for a Caesar salad with chicken include Parmesan crisps, parmesan cheese and chicken however there are lots of other toppings that you can also include, which I do depending on my mood.
- Tomatoes – I like cherry tomatoes the best.
- Cooked Bacon
If you want to change things up protein wise when you are making this keto Caesar salad you can change out the chicken for some grilled or pan cooked shrimp.
Low Carb Caesar Dressing Ingredients
- parmesan cheese
- canned anchovy fillets
- lemon juice
- Dijon Mustard
- black pepper
How to Make Low Carb Caesar Salad Dressing
This homemade keto salad dressing couldn’t be easier to make. All you have to do is dump all of the ingredients into a blender and pulse until mixed well. Then chill in the fridge till you are ready to use.
How to Make Low Carb Caesar Salad with Chicken
Making this low carb salad is easy. Make the homemade Casear salad dressing and put it in the fridge.
Cook the chicken.
Chop the Romain lettuce.
Toss the salad with dressing.
How Many Carbs in Caesar Salad with Chicken
Many Caesar salad recipes are high in carbs because of the sugar added to the Caesar dressing and adding croutons. This Keto Caesar Salad has a homemade low carb and keto Caesar Salad dressing and in place of croutons uses parmesan cheese crisps making it only 4g net carbs per salad!
Can you make Caesar Salad ahead of time?
I love recipes that I can make a large batch of ahead of time for easy meals. This keto Caesar salad is perfect for meal prepping.
If you are meal prepping and want to plan ahead I suggest making all of the ingredients separately.
Then allow the chicken to cool completely.
Put the lettuce, parmesan cheese and cooled chicken in a food storage container and store in the fridge.
Put the dressing in a separate container until you are ready to eat so your lettuce doesn’t get soggy.
Easy Low Carb Salad Recipes
- Big Mac Salad
- Chicken Taco Salad
- Avocado BLT Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Low Carb Taco Salad
- Chicken Cobb Salad
Low Carb Caesar Salad with Chicken
Low Carb Chicken Caesar Salad
- Low Carb Homemade Caesar Salad dressing
- 1 pound Chicken Breasts
- 6 cups Romain Lettuce
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan crisps
Low Carb Caesar Salad Dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 ounce Anchovies ini olive oil 4 Anchovy filets
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of salt
- How to Make Low Carb Caesar Salad Dressing
- Place all the ingredients for the low carb Caesar dressing into a blender and pulse until well blended.
- Pour into a salad dressing container and put in the fridge until salads are ready to be served.
- How to Make Low Carb Chicken Caesar Salad
- Make the Caesar salad dressing.
- Heat a medium pan over medium heat. Slice your chicken and half to end up with two thin slices of chicken.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper. Cook on both sides until golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Place your lettuce, parmesan, and crisps into a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss the salad until all the lettuce is well coated.
- Divide the salad into 4 bowls.
- Slice the chicken and place on top of the salad.