If you love the McDonald’s Big Mac then you are going to love this Big Mac Salad (also known as cheeseburger salad) recipe. This healthy twist on the loved Big Mac is perfect for lunch or dinner while being keto friendly and low carb! This Keto Big Mac Salad recipes tastes just like the real thing with out the bread and it is actually healthy to eat!
Big Mac Salad – Cheeseburger Salad Recipe
I am not a big fan of fast food. I much prefer home cooked meals and the fancier restaurant options however one fast food I do love is the Big Mac. A tasty burger with the creamy tangy sauce, lettuce and pickles, oh it is so good. However it is also not healthy and since I aim to stick with being healthy skipping my rare Big Macs was needed.
I did come up with my own Keto Big Mac Copy Cat recipe, using seasoned burger, chaffles and homemade Big Mac Sauce. But to be honest it is a lot more then I can normally eat at one time. I also have to admit that I have gotten a bit lazy and don’t really want to spend the extra time to make chaffles so I came up with this Keto Big Mac Salad Recipe as another option. The whole family loved it and it tastes just like a Big Mac you get at McDonald’s but a much healthier option.
Keto Salad Recipes
- Chicken Cobb Salad
- Low Carb Chicken Caesar Salad
- Chicken Taco Salad
- Avocado BLT Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Low Carb Taco Salad
Variations of this recipe
Change up the meat. If you are not a fan of ground beef then you can use ground chicken or ground turkey.
Change up the lettuce. I had iceburg lettuce on hand when I made mine, but you can also use Romain lettuce, butter lettuce or leaf lettuce when making a low carb Big Mac Salad.
Change up the veggies. I use tomatoes, red onion and pickles but you can add other veggies if you want to. If you are looking to add more veggies I would suggest green bell peppers, thin sliced radish and shredded carrots. I also like to use cherry tomatoes because I like how they look on the salad. However you can use any tomatoes that you have on hand.
Prep ahead of time!
The great thing about the Big Mac sauce is that it will keep in the fridge for about a week. You can double or even triple the recipe for the Keto Big Mac Sauce and make salads all week long. I also love dipping grilled chicken into the big mac sauce!
If you are wanting to meal prep for the week you can make a large batch of the salad and store in mason jars or other container after allowing the meat to cool completely. Then leave the sauce off the salad until you are ready to eat it.
Big Mac Salad Dressing Ingredients
- Yellow mustard
- pickle relish
- white vinegar
- onion powder
- garlic powder
Big Mac Salad Ingredients
- Ground beef
- black Pepper
- red onions
- shredded cheddar cheese
- cherry tomatoes
- dill pickles
How to Make a Big Mac Salad
Make your dressing and set it aside in the fridge.
Cook the ground beef with seasonings.
Chop the lettuce and veggies.
Place lettuce in a bowl, top with Big Mac Salad ingredients and then drizzle the Big Mac sauce on top.
Easy Keto Dinner Recipes
Big Mac Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound Ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 6 cups iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 cup red onions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup dill pickles diced
- In a bowl make your Big Mac sauce by combining 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 tablespoon yellow mustard, 1/2 tablespoon pickle relish, 1 teaspoon white vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon paprika. Mix well and then set aside.
- In a large skillet add the ground beef, cook completely and then drain off the liquid. Add the salt and pepper to the ground beef and mix well.
- While the ground beef is cooking, wash the lettuce and tomatoes. Chop the lettuce and split between 4 bowls.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half and place on top of the lettuce in each bowl.
- Dice the dill pickles and place on top of each bowl.
- Shred the cheddar cheese and place on top of each bowl.
- Slice the red onions and place on top of each bowl of lettuce.
- When the meat is done cooking and you have seasoned it, top each salad with the ground beef.
- Drizzle the Big Mac Sauce on top of the salad.