I was quite nervous to mix cheese and eggs and attempt a low carb dessert at first, but these strawberry shortcake chaffles came out better than expected. I mean honestly, when you’re making a low carb version of anything sweet, it can be hit or miss… these were a hit!
Strawberry Shortcake Chaffles
These easy dessert chaffles are the perfect low carb and keto friendly dessert. Everyone will love these strawberry shortcake chaffles, sweet chaffles topped with whipped cream and fresh strawberries!
Are you in my “I Love Chaffles” group yet? There are several chaffle recipes shared daily! If you’re new to low carb living, chaffles will be especially helpful for you. Another tip for newbies is to meal plan! Download my free low carb meal plan here.
What are Chaffles?
Chaffles are a low carb alternative to bread, waffles, and tortillas. You can make them taste like anything! Simply put a chaffle is a waffle made with egg and cheese. Now from the basic chaffle recipe you can make MANY different varieties of chaffles just changing up the type of cheese that you use, including this dessert chaffle recipe.
How to Make Chaffles
Making a chaffle is easy, mix your cheese, almond flour and egg. Then cook the chaffle mixture in a waffle maker. I prefer cooking my chaffles in a mini chaffle maker but you can also cook chaffles in a regular waffle maker.
Easy Chaffle Recipes
- Keto Chocolate Chaffle
- Blueberry Chaffle
- Pizza Chaffle
- Cinnamon Roll Chaffle
- Chaffle Breakfast Sandwich
- Grilled cheese chaffle
Do Strawberry shortcake chaffles taste eggy?
It required quite a bit of trial and error for me to get my strawberry shorttcake chaffles to NOT taste like scrambled eggs with cheese. Adding in the almond flour, baking powder, and cinnamon helps tremendously and you end up with the perfectly sweet but not overly sweet strawberry shortcake chaffle.
Strawberry Shortcake Chaffles ingredients
- 3 Strawberries
- Keto Whipped Cream
- almond flour
- mozzarella cheese
- vanilla extract
- 3 Strawberries
- 1/4 cup Keto Whipped Cream
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated swerve
- 1 tablespoon Almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat up your waffle maker.
- Rinse and chop up your fresh strawberries. Place the strawberries in a small bowl and add 1/2 tablespoon granulated swerve. Mix the strawberries with the swerve and set aside.
- In a bowl mix the almond flour, egg, mozzarella cheese, granulated swerve and vanilla extract.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into your mini waffle maker and cook for 3-4 minutes. Then cook another 1/3 of the batter and the rest of the batter to make 3 keto chaffles.
- While your second chaffle is cooking, make your keto whipped cream if you do not have any on hand.
- Assemble your Strawberry Shortcake Chaffle by placing whipped cream and strawberries on top of your sweet chaffle. Then drizzle the juice that will also be in the bowl with the strawberries on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1 chaffle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 112Total Fat: 8gCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gProtein: 7g