Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken is one of the best recipes you are going to make. Juicy flavorful chicken loaded with flavor. Each bite is going to taste better than the last when you make this incredible chicken recipe.
Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken
This Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken will do the trick. The mixture of garlic, and parmesan cheese on top of baked juicy chicken is delicious and makes for an easy week night dinner. Sometimes this tasty baked chicken recipe is referred to as parmesan crusted chicken, while normally it would include breadcrumbs of some kind, to keep things keto friendly we have skipped them. You will still have the most amazing parmesan crusted chicken, that even the non low carb eaters in your house will be asking you to put this baked chicken on the weekly meal plan!
This Parmesan Chicken is perfect for so many occasions and great for feeding a family for lunch or dinner. This recipe is a great choice for meal prep as well, so can make a bunch of it to pack in your lunches for work or dinners for the whole week.
This easy baked chicken recipe is one that I have made for many years. It is a family favorite recipe and we have been making it for years. When I am meal planning and need something super easy, this chicken breast recipe is one of my go to recipes. The whole family loves it and it is a simple dinner recipe to make that is not only low carb but also one that is family friendly.
Why Make This Chicken Parmesan Recipe?
- Packed with flavor. This recipe has ingredients that will tenderize the chicken and season it well so that every bite is the perfect blend of flavor.
- The perfect meal. This recipe is great for feeding your family or guests. Parmesan Chicken is budget-friendly and doesn’t cost much to make for a simple and delectable dish in no time.
- Hearty and extremely tasty. Yes, this recipe is packed with flavor and each bite will want you coming back for more. But, it is also hearty and will be able to keep you full and satisfied after eating.
- A simple list of ingredients. The ingredients in this recipe can easily be found at your local grocery store. With such an easy list and simple instructions, this recipe will be super easy to make.
- Easy to make. Slice the chicken, mix the parmesan mixture, top the chicken with the cheese mixture and then bake in the oven. It doesn’t get much easier then that!
Equipment Needed to Make Parmesan Chicken
- Casserole Dish or a sheet pan
- Freezer Bag
- Measuring Cups
- Mixing Bowl
Ingredients Needed for Baked Parmesan Chicken
- Chicken– Use skinless chicken breasts for this recipe.
- Black Pepper– Use this for taste.
- Salt– Use this to bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Garlic Powder– This will add additional flavoring to the recipe.
- Cheese– Use Parmesan cheese, grated or shredded will work.
- Mayo – You can also use greek yogurt, but the mayo will keep the carb count down.
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Chicken
Step 1- Preheating and Prepping
Set the oven to Preheat the oven to 375°F degrees. Use nonstick cooking spray to grease a 9×13-inch casserole dish or a baking sheet.
Cut the boneless chicken breasts in half so you end up with two thin chicken breast pieces per chicken breast.
Place chicken breasts on a foil-lined baking dish or baking sheet.
Step 2- Mix the cheese topping
In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and grated parmesan cheese and stir until well combined.
Step 3- Top Chicken with Cheese Mixture
Cover the top of the chicken with the parmesan cheese mixture.
Step 4- Bake the Chicken.
Bake chicken for 30 minutes.
Remove chicken from the oven and remove any liquids that may have accumulated in the pan.
Turn the broiler on and carefully place your chicken back in the pan and then under the broiler until it gets golden brown.
What to Serve with Baked Parmesan Chicken
This Parmesan Chicken is just amazing, but it for sure will need some delicious sides to go along with it to make it a full meal. It all depends on my mood as to what sides I serve with this parmesan chicken recipe. I like to keep the sides quick and easy just like this easy chicken dinner because I don’t want a lot of work when making dinner.
If I am serving it during the summer months I tend to stick with cold sides like Low Carb Olive Garden Salad, Easy Dill Cucumber Salad Recipe, or this Low Carb Broccoli Salad with Bacon, caesar salad.
During the colder months, I like to stick with warm sides like baked zucchini fries,
If you are looking for veggies to serve, just about any veggie will work, green beans, roasted broccoli, cauliflower, cauliflower mac and cheese, and zucchini noodles are all great veggie sides.
How To Reheat & Store Parmesan Chicken?
To store this recipe, you will need to place it into an airtight container for the best method. Storing in a heat-safe and airtight container would be a plus especially for reheating. To reheat, you can place it in the microwave on high for a couple of minutes or place it back into the oven.
Best Way To Store Chicken Parmesan Leftover?
To keep leftovers fresh, you will need to properly store them. Putting in a bowl with foil on top is not a good option. You will need a sealed and airtight container for the leftovers.
How Long Will This Chicken Recipe Last In the Fridge?
First, you will need to properly store the recipe, this will determine how long it will last in the fridge. If stored in an airtight container, a recipe like this can last 3-5 days in the fridge.
Can I Freeze Parmesan Chicken?
Yes, this parmesan chicken can be stored in the freezer. Storing in the freezer will also help with the shelf life of the recipe. You can increase the life of this recipe up to a few months if stored in the freezer.
Can I Use Chicken Thighs Instead?
Yes, you can use Chicken Thighs for this recipe to replace the chicken breasts. The type of chicken you use won’t have much change flavor-wise. So, replacing the breasts with chicken thighs will turn out the same. You can also use chicken cutlets when making this recipe, it is important that you are using boneless chicken.
Other keto Chicken Recipes You’ll Love:
- Low Carb Keto Chicken Florentine Recipe
- Grilled Lemon Garlic Chicken Kabobs
- Low Carb Keto Air Fried BBQ Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Slow cooker buffalo chicken dip
Parmesan Chicken Recipe
- 3 pounds chicken breasts
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut chicken breast in half so you end up with two thin chicken breast.
- Place your chicken in a foil lined baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine greek yogurt (or mayonnaise), garlic powder, salt, pepper and grated parmesan cheese and stir until well combined.
- Cover the tops of the chicken with your yogurt mix.
- Bake chicken in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the oven and remove any liquids that may have accumulated in the pan.
- Turn the broiler on and carefully place your chicken back in the pan and then under the broiler until it gets golden brown.