So, I know what you are thinking. How can I find something low carb at Panera? The name literally means Bread (Panera is Bread Basket in Latin, bread in Spanish)Bread. But you will be surprised that there are options that are low carb and keto at Panera.
Low Carb at Panera
It can be a struggle when you are first starting on keto to know what to order when you go out to eat. I find that when we are traveling I can not always stay places that let me have a kitchen where I can cook. We tend to eat out a lot when we travel, and I don’t want to get thrown off track every time we are away from home. With this list of low carb choices at Panera, you will have choices that will help you stay on track.
Just like whenever I make one of these fast food guides, I am not suggesting that you eat this way every day. Fast food, in any way, is still fast food and not the healthiest choice. However, real-life means that there are times when we are out and can not make healthy home-cooked meals. it is important to have choices that are healthy for you, even when you are ordering out.
The Most Important Tips for Eating Low Carb at Panera
The biggest tip I have for you is to skip the breads, rolls, bagels, cookies, and soups. When it comes to eating low carb and keto, this is the biggest thing you want to avoid.
Panera Bread Low Carb Breakfast
There are a lot of choices when you are trying to find the best keto and low carb breakfast ideas. When you chose one of the breakfast sandwiches at Panera, you simply get the sandwich without the bread. This makes a super simple breakfast that is tasty and healthy.
When you take the bread away from the sandwich you end up with a breakfast bowl. If you are concerned that the breakfast won’t be filling enough, you can get double eggs.
Ham Egg and Cheese sandwich (no bread)
- Nutrition Information: 2g carbs, 17g fat, 22g protein
Bacon Egg and Cheese Sandwich (no bread)
- Nutrition Information: 2g carbs, 19g fat, 19g protein
Sausage Egg and Cheese Sandwich (no bread)
- Nutrition Information: 2g carbs, 28g fat, 21g protein
Steak Egg and cheese sandwich (no bread)
- Nutrition Information: 1g carbs, 28g fat, 35g protein
Mediterranean Egg White Sandwich (No Bread) – You can up the fat by asking for a full egg instead of just the egg whites.
- Nutrition Information: 5g carbs, 13g fat, 13g protein
Low Carb Lunch and Dinner Options at Panera Bread
You might think that is is hard to find something low carb or keto on the lunch and dinner menu at Panera but you will be surprised at just how easy it is. Getting rid of the bread is the easiest way to make the meals low carb. This is the simplest way to enjoy many of your Panera favorites.
NOTE: All of the soups at Paneral bread are high in carbs. Not just the ones served in the bread bowls. All of them are high in carbs and will not make good choices for low carb or keto diets.
Panera Bread Low Carb Sandwiches
Roasted Turkey Avocado BLT Sandwich, no bread
- Nutrition Information: 2g net carbs, 14g fat, 30g protein
The Italian Sandwich, no bread
- Nutrition Information: 4g net carbs, 23g fat, 19g protein
Bacon Turkey Bravo, no bread
- Nutrition Information: 4g net carbs, 25g fat, 45g protein
Chicken Chipotle Avocado Melt, no bread
- Nutrition Information: 4g net carbs, 40g fat, 43g protein
Steak and Arugula, no bread
- Nutrition Information: 10g net carbs, 18g fat, 24g protein
Panera Bread Low Carb Salads
Salads are always a delicious choice when you go to Panera. The salads are always fresh and so filling.
Half Caesar salad, no croutons
- Nutrition Information: 6g carbs, 13g fat, 5g protein
Half Greek Goddess Cobb Salad with Chicken
- Nutrition Information: 8g carbs, 17g fat, 21g protein
- Nutrition Information: 11g carbs, 36g fat, 4g fiber, 6g protein – (7g Net Carbs)
Caesar Salad with chicken (whole)
- Nutrition Information: 12g carbs, 28g fat, 28g protein
Low Carb Salad Dressing at Panera Bread
When it comes to salad dressings, you want to watch the carb count. While salads are healthy and low in carbs, the salad dressings can quickly add up. Thankfully Panera has plenty of low carb salad dressings to chose from. All of them are tasty.
- Nutrition Information: 0 carbs, 13g fat, 0g protein
- Nutrition Information: 1 carb, 9g fat, 0g protein
Chile Lime Rojo Ranch
- Nutrition Information: 1g carb, 3g fat, 1g protein
Asian Sesame Vinaigrette
- Nutrition Information: 2g carbs, 4g fat, 0p protein
Greek Goddess Dressing
- Nutrition Information: 2g carbs, 5g fat, 1g protein
Low Carb Sauces at Panera Bread
If you have turned your sandwich into a bowl, you can add some of these sauces to make it even better. These sauces elevate the flavor and all of them are low carb too.
Basil Pesto (1 serving)
- Nutrition Information: 0g carbs, 3g fat, 0g protein
Chipotle aioli (1 serving)
- Nutrition Information: 0g carbs, 4.5g fat, 0g protein
Looking for More dining choices while sticking to keto and Low Carb? Check these out!
- Keto at Corner Bakery Cafe
- Keto Starbucks Drinks
- Low Carb Taco Bell
- Wendy’s Low Carb
- Low Carb McDonald’s
Leave a Reply