If you find yourself out and about, whether you are traveling or just running errands, you might think you can’t eat anything at McDonalds and stay on track, but you certainly can. There are things that you can order that are low carb at McDonald’s.
Low Carb at McDonalds
While no one is saying that eating fast food is good for you, there are ways to make healthier choices when you are eating Keto at McDonalds. Easpecially when traveling, you might find yourself eating fast food a bit more often and while nothing beats a delicious homecooked meal, you don’t want a trip through the drive-through to throw you off your eating plan. Use these low carb at McDonalds idea to help you stay on rack.
Keto Low Carb at McDonald’s Quick Guide
When you are eating low carb and Keto at McDonald’s you want to stay away from the foods that have obvious carbs in them. No buns on your sandwich, no fries or desserts. Also, watch the ketchup. Ketchup contains a lot of sugar and is one of those sneaky places that people forget about the carbs.
You do not want to order anything breaded and you do not want to drink soda. While diet soda doesn’t have carbs, it is not good for you either, so you might want to stick to unsweetened tea or water.
When you are ordering you can add lettuce to your meal. You can also add onions and tomatoes and each will bring about 1 carb each to your total as well.
Low Carb and Keto Breakfast at McDonald’s
These breakfast items are a great way to start the day and with only a few net carbs each, you do not have to worry about going off track.
Steak Egg and Cheese Biscuit (no biscuit)
- Nutrition Information: 294 calories, 4 net carbs
Bacon Egg and Cheese biscuit (no biscuit)
- Nutrition Information: 190 calories, 3 net carbs
Sausage Egg and cheese (no biscuit)
- Nutrition Information: 224 calories, 1 net carb
Sausage McMuffin with Egg (No english muffin)
- Nutrition Information: 340 calories, 3 net carbs
Egg McMuffin (no english muffin)
- Nutrition Information: 160 calories, 3 net carbs
Another option is ordering scrambled eggs and side of sausage.
Lunch and Dinner Low Carb and Keto at McDonald’s
When you are ordering any of the burger or grilled chicken sandwiches at McDonals, just remove the bun to make it low carb. Any of the breaded chicken sandwiches are not low carb and should be avoided.
Hamburger (no bun)
- Nutrition Information: 90 calories, 6g fat, 0g carbs, 7g protein
Cheeseburger (no bun)
- Nutrition Information: 140 calories, 10g fat, 2g carbs, 10g protein
McDouble (no bun)
- Nutrition Information: 220 calories, 16g fat, 3g carbs, 17g protein
Double Cheeseburger (no bun)
- Nutrition Information: 270 calories, 20g fat, 4g carbs, 1g fiber, 20g protein
Big Mac (no bun)
- Nutrition Information:230 calories, 16g fat, 3g carbs, 1g fiber, 17g protein
Bacon McDouble (no bun)
- Nutrition Information:290 calories, 21g fat, 3g carbs, 23g protein
Artisan Grilled Chicken Sandwich (no bun)
- Nutrition Information: 160 calories, 4g fat, 2g carbs, 29g protein
Low Carb Salad’s at McDonald’s
Salads are always an option when you are eating low carb or keto at McDonalds. You will want to go with a low carb dressing unless you want to eat the salad dry. personally, I love to use ranch, and while it isn’t keto as it comes in with 8g of carbs, making it not Keto friendly, it is one of those things that this is how I want it so this is how I am eating it. We all have to pick our battles.
McDonald’s Side Salad – (no carrots, no dressing)
- Nutrition Information: 18 calories, 0g fat, 1g protein, 3g net carbs
Bacon Ranch Grilled Chicken Salad – (No croutons, no carrots and no dressing)
- Nutrition Information: 320 calories, 14g fat, 42g protein, 7g net carbs
Looking for More dining choices while sticking to keto and Low Carb? Check these out!