Easy Low Carb Egg Salad! With just 6 ingredients you can have this amazing low carb egg salad wraps recipe done and ready for lunch! Enjoy low carb egg salad by itself or served in lettuce wraps!
Low Carb Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps
I have loved egg salad for as long as I can remember. It is a lunch meal that I remember making with my grandmother as a kid when we were at the beach. Normally we would toast up some bread and serve it as a sandwich. Being low carb bread is not something that I can eat.
For me ditching bread is not just about eating low carb and keto but my body does not do well when I eat bread, rice or pasta so I have skipped eating them for a long time. However I still love my sandwiches and lettuce wraps have been my go to and I love them!
Looking for more lettuce wrap recipes? Check these out!
- Hamburger Lettuce Wraps
- Chicken Taco Lettuce Wraps
- Buffalo Chicken Burger Lettuce Wrap
- BLT Avocado Lettuce Wraps
- Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Egg Salad Recipe Tips & Tricks
Use an egg slicer to make it easy to dice hardboiled eggs. Slice them the first time and then flip the egg and slice the other way.
Change up the mustard. I like a strong mustard flavor in my egg salad, if you do not then you can cut back the amount of mustard used. You can also use a Grey Poupon mustard or brown mustard instead of yellow mustard.
How do you hard boil Eggs?
Hardboiled eggs are super easy to make! Just add a single layer of eggs to the bottom of a pot. Add enough water to cover all of the eggs and then an additional 2 inches of water.
Over high heat on the stove, bring the water to a boil. Once the water is at a rapid boil turn the stove off and cover the pot with a lid. Let sit for 10-12 minutes.
Drain the eggs and run cold water on top of the eggs.
Store hardboiled eggs in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps Ingredients
You are going to love this simple classic classic egg salad recipe! Made with hardboiled eggs, mayo, mustard, salt and pepper this recipe is simple but delish!
- Hardboiled eggs. If you are wanting perfectly hardboiled eggs, be sure to check out this post on how to hard boil eggs.
- Yellow Mustard.
- Lettuce of choice, we prefer bib or romaine.
How to Make Egg Salad
Hardboil and shell the hardboiled eggs. Once they are shelled, separate the egg whites from the egg yokes.
In one bowl smash the egg yokes and then add the mayo and mustard and mix well, so it is nice and creamy.
Cut the egg whites into small pieces and add to the bowl.
Mix it all well and add desired spices to taste. I always add salt and pepper but you can also add a dash of cayenne pepper or paprika for added flavor.
Serve as desired or store in the fridge.
Looking for more easy low carb recipes? Check these out!
- Kielbasa and sauerkraut skillet
- Cauliflower mac and cheese
- Egg Roll in a bowl
- Instant Pot Pot Roast
- Low Carb Chocolate Ice Cream
- 12 Hardboiled eggs.
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise.
- 1/2 cup Yellow Mustard.
- Cook your hardboiled eggs and let them cool.
- Shell the hardboiled eggs. Once they are shelled, cut each egg in half in one small bowl put all of the yokes. In a large bowl put all of the egg whites.
- Next cut all of the egg whites into small pieces and put the chopped egg whites back into the large bowl.
- With a fork smash the yokes until they are all fully crumbled into tiny crumb pieces.
- Add the mayo and the mustard to the bowl with the mashed egg yokes. Mix everything well so it is nice and creamy.
- Add the yoke mixture to the diced egg whites and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve right away with lettuce or store in the fridge in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 293Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 381mgSodium: 566mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 14g