Mexican Cauliflower Rice is an easy to make low carb Mexican side dish recipe. This low carb Mexican rice is done in about 10 minutes!
Mexican Cauliflower Rice
I love Mexican food and I love making Mexican food at home. I have been making homemade Mexican rice for years. Going low carb I needed to find a way to have that amazing Mexican side dish that I love when I am making low carb Mexican dishes for dinner. If you are looking for the perfect low carb mexican side dish this Mexican Cauliflower Rice is perfect!
Low Carb Mexican Recipes
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Jalapeno Popper chicken skillet
- homemade guacamole
- Low Carb Taco Salad
- Chaffle Taco Shells
- Lettuce Wrap Chicken Taco
- Chicken quesadilla chaffle
Fresh or Frozen Cauliflower Rice
You can use the fresh cauliflower rice that you find in the produce section of the grocery store. I personally prefer to use the frozen cauliflower rice when making this low carb rice recipe.
If you want to make homemade cauliflower rice you can do that too. I want things simple and easy so I stick with using premade fresh or frozen riced cauliflower.
Mexican Cauliflower Rice Ingredients
- olive oil
- frozen cauliflower rice
- garlic powder
- smoked paprika
How to Make Mexican Cauliflower Rice
Dice the onion into small pieces. Add oil and onion to a skillet.
Cook the onion, then add the cauliflower, juice from the lime, garlic, paprika, salt, pepper, and cumin.
Top it off with the cilantro and enjoy.
Low Carb Side Dish Recipes
- Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Mac and cheese
- Keto Cheddar biscuits
- Broccoli salad
- Cauliflower Dirty Rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups frozen cauliflower rice, thawed - 2 10 ounce bags
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Thaw the cauliflower rice. You can thaw your rice by placing it in the fridge overnight or by placing it in the microwave for 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a large pan over medium heat cook the onion in the oil until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in the cauliflower, lime juice, garlic, paprika, salt, pepper, and cumin to the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes until it's heated through.
- Top it off with the cilantro and enjoy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: .5 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 47Total Fat: 4gCarbohydrates: 3gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g