Mexican Cauliflower Rice is an easy to make low carb Mexican side dish recipe. This low carb Mexican rice is done in about 10 minutes!
Mexican Cauliflower Rice
I love Mexican food and I love making Mexican food at home. I have been making homemade Mexican rice for years. Going low carb I needed to find a way to have that amazing Mexican side dish that I love when I am making low carb Mexican dishes for dinner. If you are looking for the perfect low carb mexican side dish this Mexican Cauliflower Rice is perfect!
Low Carb Mexican Recipes
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Jalapeno Popper chicken skillet
- homemade guacamole
- Low Carb Taco Salad
- Chaffle Taco Shells
- Lettuce Wrap Chicken Taco
- Chicken quesadilla chaffle
What is cauliflower rice?
It’s just raw cauliflower that’s been finely chopped so that it resembles rice. You can easily do it in a food processor or you can buy it fresh or frozen.
Fresh or Frozen Cauliflower Rice
You can use the fresh cauliflower rice that you find in the produce section of the grocery store. I personally prefer to use the frozen cauliflower rice when making this low carb rice recipe.
If you want to make homemade cauliflower rice you can do that too. I want things simple and easy so I stick with using premade fresh or frozen riced cauliflower.
How to Store Cauliflower Rice
Allow the leftovers to cool and then store in an air tight container in the fridge. It will keep for 3-4 days.
Mexican Cauliflower Rice Ingredients
- olive oil
- frozen cauliflower rice
- garlic powder
- smoked paprika
How to Make Mexican Cauliflower Rice
Dice the onion into small pieces. Add oil and onion to a skillet.
Cook the onion, then add the cauliflower, juice from the lime, garlic, paprika, salt, pepper, and cumin.
Top it off with the cilantro and enjoy.
Low Carb Side Dish Recipes
- Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Mac and cheese
- Keto Cheddar biscuits
- Broccoli salad
- Cauliflower Dirty Rice
Keto Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 cups frozen cauliflower rice thawed – 2 10 ounce bags
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- Thaw the cauliflower rice. You can thaw your rice by placing it in the fridge overnight or by placing it in the microwave for 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a large pan over medium heat cook the onion in the oil until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in the cauliflower, lime juice, garlic, paprika, salt, pepper, and cumin to the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes until it’s heated through.
- Top it off with the cilantro and enjoy.