Cheesy Mexican Taco Skillet is the perfect low carb weeknight dinner! Made in one pan with fresh ingredients this low carb Mexican recipe is perfect for dinner!
Cheesy Mexican Taco Skillet
I love Mexican food. We have a small local place that has the best burritos ever and I have been wanting one for a while. However burritos are for sure not low carb and keto friendly. I wanted something that was easy to make while being full of flavor and came up with this amazing Cheesy Mexican Taco Skillet.
You are going to love this easy low carb mexican dinner recipe and so will the whole family. There is so much amazing flavors that you can’t even tell it is a keto mexican dish, it tastes nothing like diet food at all!
Easy Mexican Low Carb Recipes
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Jalapeno Popper chicken skillet
- Low Carb Taco Salad
- Chaffle Taco Shells
- Lettuce Wrap Chicken Taco
- Chicken quesadilla chaffle
What To Serve with Cheesy Mexican Taco Skillet
Normally when we have Mexican food for dinner we have mexican rice, since going low carb I still make the rest of the family mexican rice and then I make Mexican Cauliflower rice for myself. There are also lots of other side dishes that will work well with this low carb mexican dinner recipe.
- Stuffed Jalapeno peppers
- Roasted Veggies
Variations of this recipe
I used ground beef for this easy keto Mexican recipe however you can use ground turkey or ground chicken instead if you are not a fan of beef.
When I make this healthy ground beef taco recipe I also use homemade taco seasoning. Store bought taco seasoning at times has added ingredients including flour or cornstarch, so to avoid those ingredients I make my own taco seasoning at home.
Cheesy Mexican Taco Skillet Toppings
For this easy low carb mexican recipe I topped this taco skillet with lettuce, olives and jalapeno peppers but there are lots of other taco toppings that are perfect to add on top.
- homemade guacamole
- sour cream
- bell peppers
Cheesy Mexican Taco Skillet Ingredients
- ground beef
- cream cheese
- taco seasoning
- canned tomato paste
- canned green chilies
- Monterey Jack or Mexican cheese
- shredded lettuce
- black olives
- jalapeno pepper
How to Make Cheesy Mexican Taco Skillet
Preheat the oven at 350°F
In a large skillet brown the ground beef then drain the oil from the beef.
In the skillet combine the cream cheese, taco seasoning, tomato paste, water, and green chilies. Stir until it is all well combined.
Sprinkle the onions and cheese over the taco meat.
Place the pan in the oven until all the cheese is melted about 5-10 minutes.
Once you take the pan out of the oven top the taco off with the lettuce, olives, and jalapenoes.
Low Carb Dinner Recipes
Cheesy Mexican Taco Skillet
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup green chilies
- 1/4 cup onions diced
- 3 cups Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup lettuce shredded
- 1/2 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives sliced
- diced cilantro optional
- diced tomatoes Optional
- 1 jalapeno sliced (Optional)
- Preheat the oven at 350°F
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef then drain the oil from the beef.
- In the skillet combine the cream cheese, taco seasoning, tomato paste, water, and green chilies. Stir until it is all well combined.
- Sprinkle the onions and cheese over the taco meat.
- Place the pan in the oven until all the cheese is melted about 5-10 minutes.
- Once you take the pan out of the oven top the taco off with the lettuce, olives, and jalapenoes.
Leave a Reply