This Easy Keto Cheddar Biscuits recipe makes the perfect soft, fluffy cheese biscuit to enjoy when you are eating low-carb and keto. Done in under 20 minutes, these easy keto biscuits are perfect for making a breakfast sandwich or pairing with soup! ONLY 2 g Net Carbs per low-carb biscuit! This easy recipe is full of flavor and one the whole family will enjoy!
If you are looking for another tasty keto biscuit recipe be sure to check out these Keto Cheddar Bay Biscuits!
Keto Cheddar Biscuits Recipe
Looking for a delicious and keto-friendly bread option? Look no further than these Keto Cheddar Biscuits! Made with almond flour, shredded cheddar cheese, and a few other simple ingredients, these biscuits are a great option for anyone following a low-carb or keto diet.
They’re easy to make, have a delicious cheesy flavor, and are perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the steps to make these tasty biscuits and share some tips to ensure they turn out perfectly every time.
When you are enjoying a nice warm bowl of soup, it is almost like a must-have to also have a roll or a biscuit. I have to admit that not having one, no matter how amazing the soup recipe was kinda took away from eating soup. Cheddar biscuits have always been my go-to to make with soup, and now I have come up with this amazing keto cheddar biscuit recipe that has just 2g net carbs and I couldn’t be happier!
These cheesy biscuits are devoured by my family every time I make them. If I wasn’t trying to watch my carb counts I could totally sit and eat these low carb cheese biscuits without keeping track they are that good! The flavor of these biscuits is perfect, they are fluffy like a biscuit should be and it is one of my favorite recipes to make.
Keto Bread Recipes
- Keto Sandwich Bread Chaffle
- Low Carb Garlic Bread
- Keto Breakfast Sandwich bread chaffle
- 90 Second bread
- Keto Bagels
Why You will love this recipe
I have to admit that I am super picky about my bread and my biscuits. Yes I know I am aiming to eat low carb but I don’t want to feel like I am. I want my food to taste like food and I want my low carb biscuits to taste and feel like a real biscuit made with flour. This simple recipe for low-carb cheddar biscuits hits all of the markers and I can not resist a warm biscuit right out of the oven.
- Easy to make. Even if you are not a baker this recipe is super easy to follow and to make.
- Quick to make. The biscuits don’t take much time to prep, and they have a fairly short baking time, from start to finish they are done in under 20 minutes.
- Full of flavor. These buttery biscuits are so flavorful, they have the perfect balance of cheese and butter flavor that you won’t even miss making biscuits with regular flour and you won’t feel like you are eating low carb at all!
Tips for making this recipe
- Shred your own cheese. I know that it is easy to buy the already shredded cheese but it is better to buy block cheese and shred it yourself. This will avoid having any additives in the cheese which is added so the cheese doesn’t stick together in the packaging when you buy it already shredded.
- Use high-quality ingredients. This recipe calls for almond flour, baking powder, salt, eggs, sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese. Be sure to use fresh, high-quality ingredients for the best results.
- Measure accurately. It’s important to measure your ingredients accurately when making any recipe, but especially when baking. Use measuring cups and spoons to ensure you’re adding the right amount of each ingredient.
- Use cold ingredients. To help the biscuits rise properly and have a flaky texture, use cold ingredients. This includes cold eggs, almond milk, and shredded cheese.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients separately. In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and almond milk. This will help ensure the ingredients are evenly distributed and the biscuits have a consistent texture.
- Don’t overmix. When you add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, be careful not to overmix them. Mix just until everything is evenly combined, but don’t overdo it or the biscuits will become tough.
How to Serve Keto Cheddar Biscuits
There are a few ways to enjoy these tasty soft biscuits. These homemade biscuits are best served warm, so enjoy them fresh out of the oven if possible.
- With butter or jam. These cheesy keto biscuits are great on their own or served with butter or your favorite keto-friendly jam or spread.
- With soup. Whenever we make soup, I like to make them and then dip them in my soup. I think they are the perfect side dish with soup.
- Breakfast sandwiches. Low Carb Cheddar biscuits also work well to use for making keto breakfast sandwiches.
Keto Soup Recipes
- Crock-pot Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower Soup
- Low Carb Taco Soup
- keto Cheeseburger Soup
- Buffalo Chicken Soup
How to store Keto Cheddar Biscuits
If you end up having any leftover biscuits then you will want to store them in an airtight container in the fridge. To rewarm just pop them in the microwave for a few seconds on a plate. These keto biscuits will keep for up to 5 days in the fridge. If I want to have left overs of these easy low-carb biscuits then I make a double batch, other wise they are always eaten and there aren’t any left over.
How to Freeze Keto Cheddar Biscuits
While making low-carb cheese biscuits is quick and easy, sometimes having things on hand already that you just need to heat up makes life easier. If you are going to make and freeze these easy keto cheese biscuits you can and it is easy to do.
Allow the biscuits to cool completely after removing them from the oven. Then place the biscuits on a baking sheet in the freezer for 2 hours. Once fully frozen remove them from the baking sheet and put them in a freezer plastic bag.
To enjoy them after they are frozen bring them to room temperature on the counter or in the fridge. Then warm them in the microwave to enjoy.
Keto Cheddar Biscuits Ingredients
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
How to Make Keto Cheddar Biscuits
Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
In a medium bowl combine together the butter, sour cream, and eggs until they are well combined.
In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cheese and mix well.
Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined. Do not overmix.
Scoop large spoonfuls of the batter using a spoon, cookie scoop or ice cream scoop onto an ungreased sheet pan.
Bake for 10-14 minutes until the biscuits are golden brown.
Remove the biscuits from the oven and let sit for 2-3 minutes, remove from the baking sheet and enjoy.
More Low Carb Recipes you will LOVE!
Keto Cheddar Biscuit Recipe
- 2 tablespoon butter melted
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 egg
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- In a medium bowl mix together the butter, sour cream and eggs until they are well combined.
- In another medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cheese.
- Stir the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Scoop large spoonfuls of the batter onto an ungreased sheet pan.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes until the biscuits are golden brown.