This Keto Blueberry Mug Muffin Recipe is the perfect way to start your morning. This low carb muffin is moist and delicious and simply perfection. Use it for breakfast, lunch, or as dessert. This low carb muffin is the perfect substitute for those sugary high carb cravings.
Keto Blueberry Mug Muffin Recipe
If you love keto muffins but do not want to have all the work of making a full batch then this Keto Blueberry Mug Muffin Recipe is for you. A flavorful keto blueberry muffin made in the microwave in a mug. It is so simple to make, and you can have it cook while you are making your cup of morning coffee to have an easy filling and tasty breakfast.
Why You’ll Love This Keto Mug Muffin
- It’s so simple. One mug, under 5 minutes and you are done.
- Tastes just like the traditional. You’d never know you were missing the carbs.
- Easy to find ingredients
Equipment Needed To Make Keto Blueberry Muffin in a Mug
Ingredients For Your Keto Blueberry Mug Muffin Recipe
- 2 tablespoons of Almond Flour
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut Flour
- 1 tablespoons Brown Sugar Alternative (I like Swerve, but there are plenty on Amazon.)
- 2 and ½ tablespoons of Erythritol
- ¼ a teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoons of Butter (melted)
- ½ a teaspoon of Vanilla
- ¼ a cup of Almond Milk
- ⅛ cup of Blueberries
How To Make A Keto Blueberry Mug Muffin Recipe
Step 1- Combine the Dry Ingredients
Start by adding all dry ingredients to a mug and mix together until well combined.
Step 2- Add the Wet Ingredients
Add in all wet ingredients and mix once more until well combined. Then, fold in blueberries.
Add additional blueberries on top (optional).
Step 3 – Cook the Muffin
Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Then, enjoy
What to Serve with Your Keto Mug Muffin
You can serve this keto mug muffin as part of breakfast, lunch or as a dessert. You can easily pair the keto mug muffin with other sides.
Adding some small servings of fruit is a delicious addition to to the muffin. You can also add things like avocado.
Popular Substitutions & Additions
- Other berries- You can use other berries in this muffin recipe. You can use small amount of almost any type of berry to change this up.
- Chocolate Chips- Sugar free chocolate chips can be added and it will pair perfectly with the blueberries.
- Whipped Cream- Whipped cream is fabulous on this keto blueberry mug muffin but you don’t want to use the store bought stuff. That is loaded with sugar. Use homemade whipped cream that is sugar free.
How To Store Keto Blueberry Mug Muffin Recipe
This recipe is meant to be one serving, but you might find that you have leftovers. If you have leftover keto blueberry muffin in a mug, you can store it in the refrigerator. Wrap the mug tightly with plastic wrap to protect it.
How Long Will Keto Blueberry Mug Muffin Last In the Fridge?
This keto blueberry mug muffin will last for about 2 days in the refrigerator.
Can I Freeze Keto Mug Muffin
You can freeze this keto mug muffin but it isn’t something that was practical. You will not have enough that makes it work freezing and since it only takes about 5 minutes to make the muffin, it is much better to just make it fresh.
How To Reheat Keto Blueberry Muffin in a Mug
If you have saved this keto blueberry muffin in a mug and want to warm it before eating it again, you can reheat it in the microwave. I would only heat it for 30 seconds or less because it might start to dry out.
Are Blueberries Low Carb?
On their own, blueberries are not low carb. They are high in sugar. Because the berries are higher in sugar, you want to eat them in moderation. The blueberries come in at 13 net carbs for 1 cup. Since you are not using a lot of blueberries in this recipe, it does not add a lot of carbs to the muffin.
What’s a Keto Blueberry Mug Cake?
Keto blueberry mug cakes are individual sized cakes that are cooked in a mug. IN this case, it is a keto friendly version of a blueberry muffin.
How do mug cakes work?
Mug cakes are cakes that are made in a mug. it is to make the dessert easy to make. Everything is mixed together in the mug and then baked in the microwave.
Can I bake this blueberry mug cake?
Yes, you can bake a keto blueberry mug cake. There are some changes though. The muffin does not rise as much when it is baked.
To bake the blueberry mug cake, you need to preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Add the batter into a greased ramekin and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Can I use others berries?
Yes. You can use other berries. Strawberries, raspberries, and even blackberries can be used in this keto blueberry mug muffin.
Other Keto Recipes You’ll Love
Keto Blueberry Mug Muffin
- 2 tablespoons Almond Flour
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 1 tablespoons Brown Sugar Alternative I like Swerve, but there are plenty on Amazon.
- 2 ½ tablespoons Erythritol
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoons Butter melted
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- ¼ cup Almond Milk
- ⅛ cup Blueberries
- Start by adding all dry ingredients to a mug.
- Mix ingredients until well combined.
- Add in all wet ingredients and mix once more until well combined.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Add additional blueberries on top (optional).
- Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply