Low Carb Chicken Enchiladas are a tasty Mexican recipe that is so flavorful no one will notice it is low carb! This keto chicken enchiladas recipe with low carb tortillas gives you the well loved Mexican dish in an easy low carb recipe.
Low Carb Chicken Enchiladas
If you are looking for a low carb Mexican recipe that will remind you of the full carb version this keto chicken enchiladas recipe is perfect! Made with low carb tortillas in place of the full carb tortillas tot keep them low carb but full of flavor.
My whole family loved these low carb enchiladas so much so that there were not any left overs. They are just as easy to make as traditional enchiladas with out all the carbs! And a small secret, I didn’t tell anyone in my family they were eating low carb until after they had all cleared their plates. Then when I did tell them a few of them didn’t actually believe me until I showed them the low carb tortillas package.
Easy Low Carb Mexican Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Low Carb Mexican Skillet
- Jalapeno Popper chicken skillet
- Low Carb Chicken Fajitas
- Keto Taco Salad
- Chaffle Taco Shells
- Lettuce Wrap Chicken Taco
- Chicken quesadilla chaffle
Tips for Making Low Carb Enchiladas
Watch your ingredients. Enchilada sauce is great to buy premade but you do need to watch to make sure the one you use doesn’t have added sugar.
Shred your own cheese. It is best to shred your own cheese to avoid the fillers that are added to make the cheese not stick when in the bag.
Best Low Carb Tortillas
If you are looking for low carb tortillas there are quite a few different options to pick from. A few of our favorite are, Mr Tortilla, La Tortilla Factory Low Carb Flour Tortillas, and Mission Carb Balance Tortillas. All of these brands will work well when making keto chicken enchiladas.
What to serve with Low Carb Chicken Enchiladas
Low Carb tortilla chips with homemade restaurant-style salsa or homemade guacamole are my go-to side dishes when making chicken enchiladas. But you could also serve a leafy green salad, Mexican cauliflower rice, or cheese quesadillas using low carb tortillas as well.
How to Serve Enchiladas
Personally, I don’t think these enchiladas need anything on top of them, but you can add a dollop of sour cream, salsa, or guacamole if you want to. Some of my kids like to add slices of avocado and some diced tomatoes on top.
Tips for Cooking Chicken
This recipe calls for 2 cups of cooked chicken.There are a few different ways that you can cook chicken. When you are going to shred the chicken, use the shredding chicken trick that makes it super easy!
You can boil the chicken. Just add raw chicken breasts to a pot and cover with 3 cups of chicken broth or water whichever you prefer. Heat on medium high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling turn heat to low and cover pot with a lid and let simmer for 10 minutes.
You can bake the chicken. Spray a baking sheet with non stick spray place the chicken breast on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Then bake for 35-45 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.
You can use a Rotisserie chicken. If you want things easier you can grab a cooked rotisserie chicken at the store or cook one at home.
Low Carb Chicken Enchiladas Ingredients
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Monterey Jack cheese
- cream cheese
- garlic powder
- enchilada sauce store-bought or homemade
- low carb tortillas
- sour cream chopped
How to Make Low Carb Chicken Enchiladas
Cook chicken by preferred method, boil, bake, or using a rotisserie chicken
Once the chicken is cooked, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Add the cooked chicken to a bowl and shred with a fork if it needs to shred. Add 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, garlic powder, and cream cheese to the bowl and mix well, so everything is combined.
Pour a small amount of sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 pan to coat the bottom.
In each tortilla shell, add some chicken and cheese mixture, roll up and place in the baking dish.
Pour the sauce over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.
Serve with sour cream and cilantro.
Easy Low Carb Chicken Recipes
- Keto Chicken Parmesan
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- Italian Chicken
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo
- Keto Chicken Pot Pie
Low Carb Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 cups boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2.5 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 5 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 ounces enchilada sauce store-bought or homemade
- 10 low carb tortillas
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- Cook chicken by preferred method, boil, bake, or using a rotisserie chicken
- Once the chicken is cooked, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the cooked chicken to a bowl and shred with a fork if it needs to shred. Add 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, garlic powder, and cream cheese to the bowl and mix well, so everything is combined.
- Pour a small amount of sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 pan to coat the bottom.
- In each tortilla shell, add some chicken and cheese mixture, roll up and place in the baking dish.
- Pour the sauce over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.
- Serve with sour cream and cilantro.