Cheesy loaded cauliflower casserole is made with steamed cauliflower, sour cream, cream cheese, bacon, cheese and spices for one amazing and healthy cauliflower casserole.
Cheesy Loaded Cauliflower Casserole Recipe
I miss loading up a baked potato with all the goodies like bacon and cheese and I needed to find something that could replace it. As much as I like potatoes I know that they are loaded with carbs and not something I can have in my diet to help me stay on track.
From that need came this cheesy loaded cauliflower casserole recipe. Does it taste like a potato loaded with cheese and bacon? Well no because I am using cauliflower but it does have all the flavors of a loaded baked potato in a low carb side dish that is so flavorful I don’t miss the baked potato.
Love cauliflower? Check out these easy low carb cauliflower recipes.
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- Chicken and Cauliflower Rice Soup
- Keto Cauliflower with cheese sauce
- Cauliflower and sausage stuffing
How to Cook Cauliflower Florets
For this easy cauliflower casserole I steamed the cauliflower florets, but you can totally roast them like you would when making roasted cauliflower but I like to make things as easy as possible, especially during the week so I use my steamer and steam the cauliflower before making the cauliflower casserole.
Can you use frozen Cauliflower?
Yes you can, just steam it and drain it well. Then just follow the rest of the recipe as is.
Can you prepare Loaded Cauliflower Casserole ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare this cauliflower casserole ahead of time. Follow the recipe until the baking step. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge until you are ready to bake it. Before baking remove from the fridge for about 15 minutes before baking and then bake as the recipe says.
Tips for making this recipe
Use full fat sour cream, full fat cream cheese and full fat cheese when making this recipe.
Spray the baking dish with nonstick spray before adding any inigredients.
Steam the cauliflower until it is fork tender.
Loaded Cauliflower Casserole Ingredients
- Cauliflower floretsC
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream, softened
- Garlic powder
- onion powder
- Cheddar cheese
How to Make Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
Place your cauliflower in a steam basket and steam for 10 minutes until tender.
Combine your cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper in a large bowl.
Add the steamed cauliflower florets, 1/2 of the bacon, 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese and 3 tablespoons chives, mix well.
Transfer mixture the mixture to a greased 9×13 baking dish and top with your cheese and the other half of the bacon.
Cover dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another
5-10 minutes or just until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown.
Garnish casserole with remaining chives.
Easy Side Dish Recipes
- Keto Green Bean Casserole
- Low Carb Stuffed Mushrooms
- Keto Mac and Cheese
- Cheesy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- Parmesan Asparagus
- Green beans with bacon
Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
- 2 pounds cauliflower florets
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream softened
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slice bacon cooked crispy
- 6 tablespoons chives sliced
- 3 cups Cheddar cheese
- Place your cauliflower in a steam basket and steam for 10 minutes until tender.
- Combine your cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the steamed cauliflower florets, 1/2 of the bacon, 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese and 3 tablespoons chives, mix well.
- Transfer mixture the mixture to a greased 9×13 baking dish and top with your cheese and the other half of the bacon.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 5-10 minutes or just until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown.
- Garnish casserole with remaining chives.