Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast. The perfectly juicy and tender pot roast recipe that will be loved by keto and not keto folks. If you are looking for the perfect family dinner pot roast that everyone will love this is it!
Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast
My slow cooker is my BFF right now. I can not seem to get things organized enough that I am not running around like a crazy person. My slow cooker has been coming to my rescue because I can dump everything in the slow cooker, let it cook all day and then come dinner time there is no stress trying to figure out what to make.
This Mississippi Pot roast recipe is naturally low carb and keto friendly which makes is the perfect meal to make for those who have families that have mixed ways of eating.
While it might not be ok for everyone, I do use a packet of the powdered au jus gravy mix, it adds 12g carbs to the whole meal, which depending on how much meat I eat and if I use the gravy on top of it, is 1-2g crabs per serving then not using it. If you are not a fan of packaged sauce mixes you can leave it out. I have left it out mistakenly a few times and it was still the perfect low carb pot roast.
If you are one that does not like to have packaged instead of using packaged ranch dressing you can use a homemade ranch dressing mix. I normally keep homemade ranch mix on hand, but also packets for when I have just simply run out and I need to get dinner in the crockpot as quickly as possible.
What is the best cut of meat for a pot roast?
Two times a year I buy a 1/4-1/2 a cow from a local farmer friend to have in my freezer and use for our beef needs so when I make a pot roast it all depends on what I have on hand. Thankfully there are a few different cuts of meat that work well for making a keto pot roast in the slow cooker.
Beef Chuck Roast. You can use chuck roast, shoulder steak, boneless chuck roast, chuck shoulder pot roast or beef chuck arm.
Brisket. You can use the flat cut beef brisket or the point cut. The point cut has more fat.
Round Roast. You can use a bottom round, top round or a rump roast.
What to serve with Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast
There are lots of side dishes that pair perfectly with this low carb pot roast. Many times we serve it over cauliflower mash, which is what it is served on top of in the photos. If you are not a fan of Cauliflower mash, there are lots of other tasty sides to serve.
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Keto Green Bean Casserole
- Low Carb Stuffed Mushrooms
- Keto Mac and Cheese
- Cheesy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- Parmesan Asparagus
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- Green beans with bacon
Mississippi Pot Roast Ingredients
- Roast of choice, if bone in then you will want a 5-6 pound roast.
- Beef broth
- Pepperoncini pepper juice
- Pepperoncini peppers
- au jus gravy mix (optional)
- ranch mix or homemade ranch mix
How to Make Mississippi Pot Roast
Spray the slow cooker with non stick spray or line with a slow cooker liner.
In the pot of your crockpot place the roast, broth, pepper juice, and peppers.
Top the roast with the gravy mix, ranch mix, and butter.
Turn the crockpot to low for 8 hours.
With two forks shred the beef into bite-size pieces.
Low Carb Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast
- 4 pound beef roast of choice if bone in then you will want a 5-6 pound roast.
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup pepperoncini pepper juice
- 6-8 pepperoncini peppers
- 1 package au jus gravy mix optional
- 1 package ranch mix or 2 tablespoons homemade ranch mix
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Spray the slow cooker with non stick spray or line with a slow cooker liner.
- In the pot of your crockpot place the roast, broth, pepper juice, and peppers.
- Top the roast with the gravy mix, ranch mix, and butter.
- Turn the crockpot to low for 8 hours.
- With two forks shred the beef into bite-size pieces.