Looking for a delicious and easy-to-make treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth without derailing your keto diet? Then look no further than these Keto Peanut Butter Cups! Made with just a few simple ingredients, they are the perfect bite-sized snack or dessert that will leave you feeling satisfied and on track.
Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
These Keto Peanut Butter Cups are not only delicious, but they are also quick and easy to make. With just a few simple ingredients and minimal prep time, you can have a healthy and satisfying snack or dessert that will keep you on track with your keto diet goals.
I have always been a chocolate and peanut butter combo fan, specifically a reese’s peanut butter cups fan. They are something that I have been craving lately, and badly. I have been missing my favorite candy, peanut butter cups and so it was time for me to come up with a recipe at home. It was important that they had amazing peanut butter flavor and the perfect balance of chocolate. This sugar free peanut butter cup recipe checks all my must haves off the list and is perfectly ok to enjoy when on a low carb diet.
My husband is an even bigger peanut butter cups fan than I am so I had him taste test this peanut butter cups recipe every step of the way. He tasted these sugar free peanut butter cups and said they have the perfect balance of chocolate and peanut butter and that his favorite part is that the peanut butter layer is just a bit thicker then in a normal peanut butter cup.
Our Keto Peanut Butter Cups are the perfect solution for anyone looking for a delicious and healthy option while on a ketogenic diet. Made with only healthy ingredients, these cups are perfect for your keto diet or any other healthy eating plan. With a creamy peanut butter center and the perfect balance of chocolate these. Keto Peanut Butter Cups, you can have your cake and eat it too!
Can I Eat Peanut Butter Buckeyes on a Keto Diet?
You can not eat the traditional buckeyes because they are loaded with sugar and carbs. However, you can eat the buckeyes you make with this recipe. This recipe is sugar free and uses Lily’s sugar free chocolate for the outside coating.
Peanut butter has a little bit of carbs in it. If you are using a peanut butter than has sugar added, you are adding a lot of carbs. You want a natural peanut butter or no sugar added peanut butter.
Can I Make This With Almond Butter?
Yes. You will need to use sugar free or no sugar added almond butter but you can easily make the swap. Another thing to keep in mind is that the nutritional facts change when using almond butter instead of peanut butter.
How to Store Keto Peanut Butter Cups
Place the keto peanut butter cups in an airtight container or a freezer bag. I like to keep mine in the refrigerator because they last longer and stay fresh. However, before serving, I like to let them come to room temperature. However, if you freeze peanut butter cups, which is a favorite treat around here, you can also keep a few in the freezer.
How Long Do Homemade Peanut Butter Cups Last?
When the peanut butter cups are stored in an airtight container, they will last for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator. Ours never last that long but that is because we eat them too fast.
Tips for Making this recipe
Use Natural Peanut Butter. When you are looking for a Keto peanut butter you want it to only have 2 ingredients, peanuts and salt. Not all keto friendly peanut butters will have salt added, but if that is added it is still keto friendly. Our favorite brands of natural keto friendly peanut butter are Smucker’s Natural Peanut butter and Crazy Richard’s Peanut Butter.
Don’t over melt the chocolate. I like to melt the chocolate on a double broiler on the stove, but you can also melt the chocolate in the microwave in 20 second intervals mixing each time.
Let set completely. I let my keto peanut butter cups set up in the refrigerator. It takes about 30 minutes in the fridge.
Use creamy peanut butter. I use creamy peanut butter when making this peanut butter balls recipe, you can use crunchy but I prefer to have a smooth texture.
Prep everything before getting started. It is best to be ready to go when you are making these, line the cupcake pans with the liners before getting started so when you have melted the sugar-free chocolate you do not have to wait to pour it into the liners.
Can I Use Parchment Paper Liners?
I always recommend using a muffin tin with cupcake liners when making these homemade keto peanut butter cups. You can use parchment paper liners as well but I would still use the muffin tin. The papers will not hold their shape properly so by placing the papers inside of the muffin tin, you know they will stay in shape.
How to Melt chocolate
Melt chocolate in the microwave. You want to use a microwave-safe bowl and heat it for 20 seconds at a time. In between every 20 seconds stir the chocolate and continue the pattern until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
Double Boiler Method. When you are melting chocolate for dipping the best way to do so is with a double boiler. You can buy a double boiler in the store but they are so easy to make at home with items you already have in your kitchen. If you have never used a double boiler read how to make a double boiler at home.
Variations of this recipe
Change up the chocolate. I used Lily’s dark chocolate chips but you can use and sugar free chocolate chips that you want to including Lily’s White chocolate chips, and Lily’s semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Change up the peanut butter. I prefer to use a smooth peanut butter but you can also use a chunky peanut butter.
Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups Ingredients
- natural sugar-free peanut butter. Any sugar free peanut butter will work, be sure you are looking at the ingredients and look for a peanut butter that is made with only peanuts and salt. Many peanut butters have added oils and sugar added.
- swerve confection or your favorite powdered sweetener.
- vanilla extract. You can use store bought or homemade vanilla extract, I always prefer to use homemade vanilla extract.
- coconut flour
- lily’s Chocolate chips or any other sugar free chocolate chips. I prefer Lily’s brand but there are many other brands of sugar-free keto friendly chocolate chips that you can use.
- coconut oil
How to Make Keto Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
In the bowl of your mixer combine the peanut butter, butter, swerve, salt, coconut flour, and vanilla extract together. Turn the mixer on low for 1 minute then turn the mixer up to medium speed for 3 minutes until well combined.
Pour the mixture into an 8×8 pan and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Melt your chocolate using a double boiler, making sure to keep stirring so the chocolate doesn’t burn. Stir in the coconut oil to the warm chocolate and set it aside for 5 minutes to slightly cool down.
Using a small round cookie cutter and cut out 12 peanut butter circles. You can also use your hands to shape the mixture into 12 circles if you prefer.
Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liner in each cupcake spot.
Pour a small amount of chocolate into each cupcake liner making the first layer of chocolate. Allow the chocolate to harden for a few minutes.
Place the peanut butter filling mixture circle on top of the chocolate.
Spoon more chocolate onto top of the peanut butter for each peanut butter cup using the remaining chocolate.
Place the peanut butter cups into the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Easy Keto Recipes for Peanut Butter lovers
- Keto Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- Keto Chocolate peanut butter mousse
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Keto pie
- Keto buckeyes
Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 cup natural sugar-free peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3/4 cup swerve confection
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 9 ounces lily's Chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- In the bowl of your mixer combine the peanut butter, butter, swerve, salt, coconut flour, and vanilla extract together. Turn the mixer on low for 1 minute then turn the mixer up to medium speed for 3 minutes until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into an 8×8 pan and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Melt your chocolate using a double boiler, making sure to keep stirring so the chocolate doesn’t burn. Stir in the coconut oil to the warm chocolate and set it aside for 5 minutes to slightly cool down.
- Using a small round cookie cutter cut out 12 peanut butter circles. You can also use your hands to shape the mixture into 12 circles if you prefer.
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liner in each cupcake spot.
- Pour a small amount of chocolate into each cupcake liner.
- Place the peanut butter on top of the chocolate.
- Spoon more chocolate onto each peanut butter cup.
- Place the peanut butter cups into the fridge for at least 30 minutes to set.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.