Welcome to the world of cauliflower pizza crust! This delicious and nutritious alternative to traditional pizza crust is made with freshly grated cauliflower, cheese, and a hint of garlic. This Pizza crust made with cauliflower is perfect for those looking for a healthier option or trying to cut down on carbs.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe
Cauliflower Pizza Crust is a recipe that we have been making for years long before I started eating low carb. My kids have loved pizza forever and I wanted a way to make a healthy pizza recipe for them and came up with this Cauliflower Pizza Crust and they have loved it ever since the first time I made it.
When I started eating low carb a few years ago I went back to my roots of making healthy versions of our favorite recipes like I used to when the kids were little. I wanted to get more healthy foods in them and more veggies and this cauliflower crust recipe was my go to when making homemade pizza. This Cauliflower Pizza Crust is simple to make and loaded with cauliflower- which of course is always great when you are looking to eat healthily.
This easy keto pizza crust recipe is one I have made for years. My kids loved cauliflower crust pizza when they were little and even now they still love it. They have even asked for this healthy pizza crust made with fresh cauliflower over the regular pizza crust made with flour at times.
The easy cauliflower pizza crust recipe is crispy and thin, making it a great option for those who are gluten-free or are watching their weight. Whether you’re topping it with your favorite sauce and vegetables or going for a classic Margherita pie, our cauliflower pizza crust is sure to please and will definitely help with any pizza cravings that you have. There is no need to say no to those cravings with this low carb crust recipe!
Can Pizza Be Healthy?
Absolutely. The main thing about pizza that isn’t healthy for you is the wheat crust. This is loaded with unhealthy, processed carbs. Everything else the pizza has, like the dairy from the cheese or the vitamins from the tomatoes is perfect for a healthy diet.
When you make a cauliflower pizza crust, you are eliminating the wheat and therefore, you have made your pizza healthy.
But Does It Taste Good?
So cauliflower pizza crust isn’t going to taste exactly like a wheat based crust. It won’t get that chewiness like a traditional crust will have. However, it does taste fantastic. Cauliflower is such a mild tasting vegetable, that it will take on the flavors that you add to it. So as you add the cheese and the garlic, it can take on the same flavors as a regular crust and it comes out great. When you top it with sauce, cheese and your favorite toppings, you are going to be in pizza heaven.
Easy Low Carb Pizza Recipes
- Portobello Mushroom Pizza
- Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Keto Chaffle Pizza
- Keto Deep dish pizza
- Keto Pizza crust
- Crustless pizza
- keto pizza roll ups
Best Sauce for Low Carb Pizza
If you are making these as a quick last minute idea for dinner then using Low Carb jarred pizza sauce is going to be the easiest thing. However I like to keep homemade pizza sauce on hand for the times we are going to need it. If you are eating low carb or keto then you are going to want to make sure you use a low carb sauce to keep the carbs down.
I personally prefer to use a low carb marinara sauce when making this recipe. You can use your favorite sauce, or try out one of the low carb marinara sauces that we enjoy using. You can also use homemade marinara sauce if you want to. I like to make and freeze homemade marinara sauce so I have it on hand when I want to use it.
- Rao’s Homemade Marinara – 8g net carbs for 1 cup
- Rao’s Tomato Basil Sauce – 6g net carbs per cup
- Victoria Marinara Sauce – 10g net carbs per cup
- Yo Mama’s Marinara Sauce – 8g net carbs for 1 cup
- Yo Mama’s Basil Sauce – 8g net carbs per 1 cup
Toppings for Low Carb Pizza
When you are making this low carb pizza the great thing about it is that any of your favorite pizza toppings can be used too! There are LOTS of low carb pizza topping choices to pick from too!
For us this isn’t “keto pizza”, it’s just pizza made with cauliflower pizza crust. You can load up on cheese, meats, and any other toppings the family enjoys. Use pepperoni to keep it simple mix it up with ham and pineapple to make a low carb Hawaiian pizza! You can add any toppings of choice to customize your homemade pizza after you have made the crust but if you are wanting to stick to a low carb diet then its best to stick with low carb toppings.
- green peppers
- red bell peppers
- shredded chicken
- Turkey Pepperoni
Can I Make the Cauliflower Crust Ahead
I like to make a double batch, sometimes a triple batch, whenever I make the pizza crust. This is because while it does take a few steps to make the crust, I would rather do it all at once, make the crust and then place it in the freezer. When I have the crust in the freezer, I can take it out and reheat it whenever I want to make pizza.
This saves me time and money. Once I use the last keto pizza crust, I make some more to restock the freezer.
How to Free Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Follow the recipe up to baking the crusts. Bake the crusts and let them cool completely. Then freeze them in an airtight container or wrapped well in plastic wrap. When you’re ready to make a pizza, take the crust from the freezer. Take the frozen pizza crust and place it on a pizza sheet. Bake it for 10 minutes, at 400 degrees.
Then you will add the toppings and finish the recipe as normal.
Tips for Making this recipe
- Use parchment paper and a baking sheet. So the cauliflower crust doesn’t stick when baking it is best to put a piece of parchment paper on top of the baking sheet. You can also use a pizza stone to cook this crust recipe.
- Don’t over bake. You will be baking the pizza crust made with cauliflower rice the first time to make it solid and cooked and then the second time after you put on the tomato sauce and the pizza toppings. When you see the mozzarella cheese is melted remove the pizza from the oven.
- Squeeze water from the cauliflower. It is important to use a kitchen towel and squeeze the water out of the freshly made riced cauliflower. You want to get out as much moisture as you can. Doing this will give you a crispy crust. No one wants a soggy crust, so be sure to get the moisture out.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust Ingredients
- Fresh made riced raw cauliflower
- grated parmesan cheese
- Large eggs (beaten)
- Italian seasonings
- minced garlic
How to Make Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Spray two cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
Place your cauliflower florets in a food processor or blender and pulse it until it turns into the texture of rice.
Place the cauliflower into a bowl and microwave it for 6-8 minutes, until cooked.
Transfer riced cauliflower to a clean dish towel and wrap the sides around the cauliflower twist the towel to wring out the excess water.
In a large bowl combine two cups of the cauliflower with the cheese, eggs, Italian seasoning, garlic, and salt, and mix well.
Divide the dough into two equal parts and place each half on a cookie sheet and pat out two 9″ round crusts. Make sure you cover up and holes.
Bake your dough at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
Remove the cooked cauliflower pizza crust from the oven and top with sauce, toppings, and mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 5-7 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 2 cup cauliflower riced raw
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 egg
- 2 tsp Italian seasonings beaten
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray two cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place your cauliflower florets in a food processor or blender and pulse it until it turns into the texture of rice.
- Place the cauliflower into a bowl and microwave it for 6-8 minutes, until cooked.
- Transfer riced cauliflower to a clean dish towel and wrap the sides around the cauliflower twist the towel to wring out the excess water.
- In a large bowl combine two cups of the cauliflower with the cheese, eggs, Italian seasoning, garlic and salt, mix well.
- Divide the dough into two equal parts and place each half on a cookie sheet and pat out two 9″ round crust. Make sure you cover up and holes.
- Bake your dough at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pizza crust from the oven and topp with sauce, toppings and cheese and then bake for 5-7 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Leave a Reply