Keto Biscuits and Gravy is the perfect low carb southern breakfast staple! A fluffy keto biscuit topped with keto sausage gravy will make the perfect start to your morning, especially with only 4g net carbs per serving!
Keto Biscuits and Gravy
I live in Pennsylvania, I grew up here and spent a good time of my adult life in New Jersey but it was a friend of mine who introduced me to biscuits and gravy originally. The first time I took a bite I was hooked. When I went low carb I knew that I had to come up with a low carb biscuits and gravy recipe. It took a bit of time to perfect this keto biscuits and gravy recipe and now it is perfect and ready to be shared.
I don’t do boring flavors, I tried to change up the biscuits to be a more traditional breakfast biscuit but I just did not like the flavor. I tested the keto sausage gravy with my keto cheddar biscuits and the flavor combo was perfect!
The keto drop biscuits in this recipe can be used in other recipes as well or just topped with some butter you wanted to. So keep the keto cheddar biscuits recipe on hand for even when you are not making biscuits and low carb sausage gravy.
What to Serve with Low Carb Biscuits and Gravy
To be honest this meal is very filling on its own. If you are wanting to add something else I would suggest simple like a bowl of low carb fruit.
If you are going to be making a Low carb and keto brunch buffet then totally include this recipe along with some meats like bacon and pork roll. Some sunny side up eggs or scrambled eggs also make perfect additions to this breakfast meal. Plus add some low carb fruits and you have the perfect low carb breakfast or brunch!
Keto Biscuits and Gravy Ingredients
When you are making the sausage gravy you only need 4 ingredients, and you might be shocked that I did not include salt or pepper. Trust me on this you do not need either one when you are making the gravy to put on top of the low carb biscuits.
How to Make Keto Biscuits and Gravy
Prep the biscuit dough and form biscuits and bake in the oven.
While your biscuits are cooking make the low carb sausage gravy.
When biscuits are done baking, place on a plate.
Top the low carb biscuits with the low carb sausage gravy.
Keto Breakfast Recipes
- Pumpkin Spice Keto Waffles
- Low Carb Cinnamon Apple donuts
- Keto Pancakes
- Bacon egg and cheese breakfast casserole
- Gingerbread keto waffles
- Chaffle breakfast sandwich
Keto Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
Keto Biscuit Ingredients
- 2 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
Keto Sausage Gravy Ingredients
- 1 pound ground breakfast pork
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
How to Make Keto Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- In a medium bowl, mix the butter, sour cream, and eggs until they are well combined.
- In another medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cheese.
- Stir the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Scoop large spoonfuls of the batter onto an ungreased sheet pan.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes until the biscuits are golden brown.
How to Make Keto Sausage Gravy
- Brown your sausage over medium heat until fully cooked.
- Remove the meat from the pan but leave the fat.
- Whisk in the cream cheese, heavy cream, and stock to the fat over medium heat. Cook until the gravy has thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the meat back into the gravy.
How to Make Keto Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
- While your biscuits are cooking make the gravy.
- When biscuits are done baking, place on a plate.
- Top the biscuits with the gravy.