Low Carb Buffalo chicken casserole is an easy low carb chicken casserole that is perfect for dinner. Toss the ingredients in a casserole dish and bake, the end result a cheesy keto buffalo chicken casserole bursting with flavor.
Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Casserole
Low Carb casseroles make getting dinner on the table easy and makes the whole family happy. This buffalo chicken casserole has the perfect amount of chicken, melted cheese and buffalo flavor kick to make dinner amazing.
My whole family loves all things buffalo chicken, from buffalo wings to Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps so when I was making my meals plans a few weeks ago I knew along with the keto comfort foods I was planning that I needed to include a buffalo chicken something. This keto buffalo chicken casserole was a big hit with everyone.
I wanted to make it a casserole because I like the ease of just throwing things in a dish and popping it in the oven. It makes getting dinner on the table super easy.
Keto Casserole Recipes
- Cheesy Broccoli Casserole
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Meatball Casserole
- Slow cooker chicken enchilada casserole
How to Cook Chicken for a Casserole
This recipe calls for 4 cups of cooked chicken. There are a few different ways that you can cook chicken. When you are going to shred the chicken, use the shredding chicken trick that makes it super easy!
Use a Rotisserie chicken. If you want things easier you can grab a cooked rotisserie chicken at the store or cook one at home.
Boil chicken. Just add raw chicken breasts to a pot and cover with 3 cups of chicken broth or water whichever you prefer. Heat on medium high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling turn heat to low and cover pot with a lid and let simmer for 10 minutes.
Bake chicken. Spray a baking sheet with non stick spray place the chicken breast on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Then bake for 35-45 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.
What to Serve with Chicken Casseroles
Casseroles are my favorite dinner meals, they are easy to make and there are so many sides that go well with them. I like to serve chicken casseroles with a salad and a veggie. If you are looking for low carb side dish recipes to go with chicken casserole check these out.
- Green beans with bacon
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Cheesy Broccoli casserole
- Low Carb Olive Garden Salad
- Keto Caesar Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Avocado BLT Salad
- Loaded Cauliflower
- Keto Green bean casserole
Tips and Recipe Variations
Make sure the cream cheese is room temperature. You want to have the cream cheese soft before you get started making the casserole.
Spice it up. If you are a fan of spicy you can make this have more heat by adding more buffalo sauce. I leave mine on the counter when I remember for about 2 hours, if you forget like I tend to you can microwave it for 15-20 seconds on a plate to soften.
Blue Cheese instead of ranch. If you prefer blue cheese over ranch dressing when combined with hot wings, then you may like the flavors even more by using blue cheese.
Add veggies. If you want to make this an all in one meal you can add some low carb veggies. In the recipe we use rice cauliflower, but you can use cauliflower florets if you want to. You can also add red peppers, green bell peppers, broccoli or celery to add more veggies. I do suggest that you chop the veggies up finely when you are adding them to this dish though.
- Cooked shredded chicken. Use one of the cooking methods above prior to making the casserole.
- cauliflower rice – You can use fresh made cauliflower rice or frozen cauliflower rice.
- buffalo sauce
- cream cheese, room temperature
- ranch seasoning
- garlic powder
- Shredded cheddar cheese – Keep the carb count lower by using block cheese and shredding it yourself.
- ranch dressing
- green onions
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Casserole
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9×13 inch pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl mix together all of the ingredients besides the green onions, until well combined. Transfer the mixture to the baking pan and evenly spread the mixture.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until the mixture is bubbly.
Top with the green onions and ranch dressing.
Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Instant Pot Soup
- Buffalo Chicken Burger Lettuce Wraps
- Slow cooker buffalo chicken dip
- Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Celery
- Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash
Keto Low Carb Buffalo chicken casserole
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon ranch
- 1/4 cup green onions
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9×13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together all of the ingredients besides the green onions, until well combined. Transfer the mixture to the baking pan and evenly spread the mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the mixture is bubbly.
- Top with the green onions and ranch.