If you are looking for an amazing roasted spaghetti squash recipe you are going to love this Sun Dried Tomatoes and Spinach Spaghetti Squash or as we call it in our house Tuscan spaghetti squash that is loaded with a creamy sauce, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and parmesan cheese.
Sun Dried Tomatoes and Spinach Spaghetti Squash
My family loves spaghetti squash. Even before going low carb spaghetti squash was a go to veggie in our house. This Sun Dried Tomatoes and Spinach Spaghetti Squash is one of our favorites. It has a creamy flavorful sauce, and is loaded with sun dried tomatoes, spinach and parmesan cheese that make this roasted spaghetti squash recipe perfect for a main dish or a side dish.
How to Serve
You can serve this roasted spaghetti squash recipe as a main dish or as a side dish.
If serving as the main dish I suggest serving with a salad including Low Carb Caesar Salad, Copy Cat Olive Garden salad, Strawberry Spinach Salad, and Avocado BLT Salad. I also like to serve aa bread with it, Keto Cheddar Biscuits and Keto Cheddar Bay Biscuits are my go tos.
If serving as a side dish, there are lots of easy dinner recipe that go well with it, including Tuscan Chicken, Grilled Steak Kabobs, Grilled Steak, Air Fryer steak, Baked Italian Chicken and spinach stuffed chicken.
Is Spaghetti Squash Low Carb?
Everyone asks is spaghetti squash low carb? And YES! This amazing dish is low carb, but it soo doesn’t taste it! One ounce of Spaghetti Squash has just 1.5 carbs which is a whole lot less then potatoes!
I love substituting spaghetti squash for times I would normally use pasta when I am wanting to make a recipe low carb and healthier then a normal pasta dish. Spaghetti squash is great at absorbing the flavors that you are adding into it and making the spaghetti squash full of flavor.
Tips for Cooking Spaghetti Squash
If you have never cooked spaghetti squash before you might be a bit nervous, but don’t be! Cooking spaghetti Squash is so easy! Make sure you check out How to Cook Spaghetti Squash for all of the different ways that you can cook spaghetti squash. For this recipe we use baked spaghetti squash.
How to Cut uncooked Spaghetti Squash
If you cant get your knife into the shell to cut it heating it in the microwave will make it easier. Using your knife make little dashes all the way around the squash where you are planning to cut it open. Then place it in the microwave for 5 minutes to soften the outside. Once it comes out you just cut along that line of dashes much easier. You are going to want to cut the spaghetti squash length wise so that you end up with two long pieces.
Tuscan Spaghetti Squash Ingredients
- spaghetti squash
- olive oil
- dried julienned sun-dried tomatoes
- garlic cloves
- heavy cream
- parmesan cheese, grated
- baby spinach
How to Make Tuscan Spaghetti Squash
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Cut the squash in half lengthwise and using a spoon scrape out all the seeds.
Drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil over the flesh of the squash. Sprinkle the salt and pepper.
Bake for 45 to 60 minutes until it has softened and you can scrape the flesh to make strains like spaghetti. remove from oven and allow it to cool.
Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in the water.
In a large skillet add the remainder of the oil. Heat over the medium lead and add in the garlic. Cook for 2 minutes, until softened.
Drain the tomatoes and add them to the pan. Cook for an additional minute.
Pour the cream into the pan and bring it up to a boil. Add in the cheese and spinach.
Using a fork scrape the flesh of the squash and place the flesh into the sauce and mix well.
Low Carb Spaghetti Squash Recipes
- Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin
- Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Spaghetti Squash
- Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash
- Chicken Pesto Spaghetti Squash
- Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
- Chicken Enchilada Spaghetti Squash
- Shrimp Scampi Spaghetti Squash
- Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash
- Feta and Tomato Spaghetti Squash
Tuscan Spaghetti Squash – Sun Dried Tomatoes and Spinach Spaghetti Squash
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces julienned sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 3 ounces baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and using a spoon scrape out all the seeds.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil over the flesh of the squash. Sprinkle the salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes until it has softened and you can scrape the flesh to make strains like spaghetti. remove from oven and allow it to cool.
- Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in the water.
- In a large skillet add the remainder of the oil. Heat over the medium lead and add in the garlic. Cook for 2 minutes, until softened.
- Drain the tomatoes and add them to the pan. Cook for an additional minute.
- Pour the cream into the pan and bring it up to a boil. Add in the cheese and spinach.
- Using a fork scrape the flesh of the squash and place the flesh into the sauce and mix well.