Need a healthy dinner in under 10 minutes? This blackened Tilapia recipe is quick, easy to make and has the most amazing flavor! The perfect busy night, need a heathy dinner quick recipe!
Quick and easy is the way things are having to be right now in our house. However that doesn’t mean that I am willing to sacrifice a healthy meal at dinner time. I can get this Blackened Tilapia prepped and cooked in under 10 minutes!
If you want to make things even easier, mix up a double, triple or even quadruple batch of the blackened seasoning mixture and store it in a spice jar in the pantry. Then whenever you want to make this easy low carb tilapia recipe you have the seasoning already made and can just sprinkle it on top of the fish.
Low Carb Seafood Recipes
- Lemon Garlic Tilapia
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- Bacon Wrapped scallops
- Grilled Salmon with avocado salsa
- Oven baked Salmon
- Sheet pan shrimp boil
- Shrimp Scampi Spaghetti Squash
How Many Carbs in Tilapia?
There are zero carbs in tilapia, the carbs in blackened tilapia comes from the spices that you are using, and there are just 4g net carbs in this recipe. You can cut back on the carbs by using less seasoning.
There will be extra seasoning when you make this recipe, just store it in an airtight container, I end up using about half of the seasoning mixture when I make this recipe, then I store the rest.
What to serve with Blackened Tilapia
If you are wanting to keep things quick and easy, serve with some steamed veggies like broccoli or cauliflower topped with butter.
There are many great low carb and keto sides dishes that pair well with blackened tilapia. Cauliflower mac and cheese, bacon brussel sprouts, cauliflower dirty rice, and Mashed Cauliflower are a few of our favorites.
This easy low carb fish recipe can be served with low carb tarter sauce for dipping.
If you are wanting to change up taco night, you can use blackened Tilapia in a low carb tortilla topped with tarter sauce, lettuce and tomatoes.
Blackened Tilapia Ingredients
- fresh tilapia
- olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Smoked Paprika
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper
How to Make Blackened Tilapia
In a small bowl mix together the blackened seasoning.
Season each piece of fish.
Cook in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. If you do not have a cast iron skillet then you can use a regular skillet.
Serve after done cooking.
Easy Low Carb Dinner Recipes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces fresh tilapia
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Paprika
- 2 tablespoons Smoked Paprika
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
- In a small bowl mix together Italian seasoning, paprika, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, onion powder, black pepper, cumin and cayenne pepper.
- Take some paper towels and pat the fish dry on both sides. Rub the blacking season onto each side of the fish. Store any extra seasoning in an airtight container.
- In a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add tilapia and cook until crust is deeply golden and fish flakes easily with a fork, 2 to 3 minutes per side.