This Keto Alice Springs Chicken recipe is made with juicy, tender chicken breasts that are coated in a crispy, flavorful crust. The perfect blend of sweet and savory, juicy chicken, crispy bacon, tender mushrooms, cheese, and the perfect keto honey mustard sauce combine and this dish is sure to become a family favorite. This easy recipe is the perfect keto outback steakhouse copycat recipe! It takes just like that delicious restaurant dish while being low carb and keto friendly!
Keto Alice Springs Chicken Recipe
When you are looking for a delicious, healthy keto chicken recipe, look no further than our Keto Alice Springs Chicken! This low carb chicken dish is full of flavor and perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
If you love Outback Steakhouse, then you’re going to love Alice Springs Chicken! This dish is a fan favorite at Outback, and for good reason. It’s made with juicy chicken breasts topped with bacon, sautéed mushrooms, and melted cheese. You can make this delicious dish right in your own kitchen in just minutes using our easy recipe. Serve it up for dinner tonight and your family will be asking for seconds.
I have always made Alice springs chicken, also known as honey mustard chicken in our house during the winter months. It has been a family favorite recipe for years and years and when I went low carb I knew I needed a way to make a keto version. This is one of my family’s favorite meals, this delicious recipe is easy to make with lots of flavor.
Keto chicken recipes
- Air fryer lemon pepper chicken
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Skillet
- Keto Chicken Parmesan Chicken
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Italian Chicken
What is Alice Springs Chicken?
Alice Springs Chicken is a popular dish from Outback Steakhouse. It’s made with chicken breasts that are topped with bacon, sautéed mushrooms, and melted cheese. The dish gets its name from the town of Alice Springs in Australia’s Northern Territory.
What to Serve with Outback Steak house Alice Springs Chicken
There are many side dishes that pair well with this delicious chicken breast recipe. I keep our side dishes to our favorite low carb and keto sides, if you are looking for side dish recipes check out some of our favorites.
- Broccoli Slaw
- Asian Cucumber Salad
- Chicken Cobb Salad
- Air Fried Broccoli
- Low Carb Olive Garden Salad
- Keto Caesar Salad
- Avocado BLT Salad
- Keto Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Keto Cheddar biscuits
- Brussel Sprouts with bacon
- Roasted cabbage steaks
How to serve this recipe
You can serve this recipe on top of greens, or zoodles. You can also serve it alongside your favorite keto side dish for a complete meal.
What Are The Best Mushrooms for This Recipe?
I like using a basic white button mushroom when I make Keto Alice Springs Chicken because it gives a great flavor and they are inexpensive. If you wanted to use a different mushroom, another great tasting choice is baby bella mushrooms. You can use whatever kind of mushrooms you have on hand and each one will add a slightly different flavor. However, you don’t have to look for a speciality mushroom because the dish is covered in a rich sauce and cheese and the flavors of the mushrooms do not always shine through.
How to Store Leftover Keto Alice Springs Chicken
You want to store the chicken in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator. Be sure to wait for it to cool before moving it to the container so that it cools properly.
How long does cooked chicken last in the fridge?
If you have leftovers or are meal planning you can store this chicken in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
How to Reheat
The best way to reheat this chicken is in the oven. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place the chicken on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. You can also reheat it in the microwave, but I find that it doesn’t heat evenly that way.
If you want to heat it in the microwave, make sure that it is heating evenly and you do not overheat it and dry it out.
How Long Does Keto Alice Springs Chicken Last
This chicken will last in the fridge for 3-4 days. However, it is best if eaten within the first 2 days so that it is fresh and at its peak flavor.
Can It Be Frozen
You can freeze leftovers if you will not finish them before they go bad. You can also freeze this chicken for up to 2 months. Place the chicken in an airtight container or freezer bag.
When you are ready to eat it, thaw it in the fridge overnight and then reheat it in the oven.
Keto Alice Springs Chicken Ingredients
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts. You can also use chicken thighs, but I suggest using boneless and skinless chicken.
- Seasoning Salt.
- Bacon. You can use regular or thick sliced bacon.
- White mushrooms. You will want sliced mushrooms, you can slice them or buy presliced mushrooms. Just make sure they are fresh mushrooms, you do not want to use frozen mushrooms.
- Colby-Monterey Jack Shredded Cheese. You can also use cheddar cheese, monterey jack cheese or colby jack cheese if you do not have Colby-Monterey Jack Shredded Cheese.
- mayonnaise. I use either Duke’s or Hellman’s mayo, you want to make sure that it does not have any added sugar.
- yellow mustard.
- swerve. You can use a different sugar alternative however I prefer to use swerve.
- Onion flakes
How to Make Keto Alice Springs Chicken
Preheat the oven to 350°.
Rub Seasoning Salt on chicken breasts and place on a plate and put them in the fridge while you prepare everything else.
In a small bowl mix 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup yellow mustard, 1 teaspoon swerve and 2 tablespoons onion flakes. Mix everything until it forms a sauce and set aside.
Wash and slice your mushrooms if needed and set aside.
Slice each piece of bacon in half and cook in a large skillet over medium-high heat until the bacon is crispy. Remove the crisp bacon from the pan and set aside leaving the bacon grease in the pan.
Remove the chicken from the fridge, and using the same pan you cooked the bacon in sear the chicken over medium heat. Cook the chicken breasts for 4 minutes on each side.
Get a 9×13 pan or a casserole dish and spray with nonstick spray and pour a small layer of the mustard sauce on the bottom of the dish.
Place the chicken breasts in the dish and top chicken breasts with the pieces of bacon, then the mushrooms, then the cheese on top of each piece of chicken, and then pour the remainder of the sauce on top.
Bake Alice Springs Chicken at 350° for about 15 minutes. Check the chicken to make sure it is at 165° before removing it from the oven.
Keto Alice Springs Chicken
- 3 lbs. Chicken Breasts 6 Chicken Breasts
- 3 Tbsp Seasoning Salt
- 6 Slices Bacon 1/2 pound
- 1 cup mushrooms Sliced
- 1 cup Cheese Colby-Monterey Jack Shredded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1 tsp swerve
- 2 Tbsp Onion flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Rub Seasoning Salt on chicken breasts and place on a plate and put them in the fridge while you prepare everything else.
- In a medium sized bowl mix 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup yellow mustard, 1 teaspoon swerve and 2 tablespoons onion flakes. Mix everything until it forms a sauce and set aside.
- Wash and slice your mushrooms if needed and set aside.
- Slice each piece of bacon in half and cook on medium high heat until crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside
- Remove the chicken from the fridge, and using the same pan you cooked the bacon in sear the chicken over medium heat. Cook the chicken breasts for 4 minutes on each side.
- Get a 9×13 pan, spray with nonstick spray and pour a small layer of the sauce on the bottom of the dish.
- Place the chicken in the dish and top with the bacon, then the mushrooms, then the cheese, and then the remainder of the sauce.Bake Alice Springs Chicken at 350° for about 15 minutes. Check the chicken to make sure it is at 165° before removing it from the oven.