Imagine a dish so good, so comforting, and so crave-worthy that you just can’t help but devour it. Now stop imagining, because this Keto Fettuccine Alfredo with Sausage and Cabbage Noodles is everything you’ve ever wanted in a meal! Tender cabbage is cooked in a rich and creamy Alfredo sauce, then mixed with savory sausage. It’s the perfect blend of flavors and textures, and it’s sure to become a new family favorite.
Keto Fettuccine Alfredo with Sausage and Cabbage Noodles
Comfort food is a must for me to stick to a low carb diet and this keto fettuccine alfredo is the ultimate comfort food. I want all the things I love and love coming up with low carb alternatives. This Keto alfredo is made with a creamy keto alfredo sauce, cabbage in place of traditional fettuccine noodles, and sausage for an easy to make keto dinner perfect for low-carb diets.
You don’t have to give up the rich and creamy alfredo sauce you love when you make this low carb version. I promise it has all the flavors of traditional pasta while being low carb and perfect for anyone on a ketogenic diet.
This Cabbage and Sausage Alfredo Recipe is the perfect meal for any night of the week. It’s simple to make, yet incredibly flavorful and satisfying. You won’t believe how good cabbage can taste! It is jus as easy to make this keto alfredo sauce recipe with cabbage noodles as it is to make pasta with traditional alfredo sauce.
Actually, to be completely honest this homemade alfredo sauce is even easier because the sauce forms while you are baking the cabbage in the oven with the alfredo ingredients. The only thing you need to cook on the stove is the sausage.
Alfredo sauce is keto friendly however when making fettuccine alfredo the pasta is a no go. Normally when making a low carb pasta dish my replacement for traditional noodles is zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash. For this low carb fettuccine alfredo recipe, I wanted to change things up and so I tested out cabbage. The combination of cabbage with the low carb alfredo sauce is perfect!
Keto Pasta Dishes
- Zucchini Lasagna
- Chicken alfredo spaghetti squash
- Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Spaghetti Squash
- Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash
- Chicken Pesto Spaghetti Squash
- Shrimp Scampi Spaghetti Squash
- Sundried tomato and spinach spaghetti squash
Is this dish low carb or keto?
Yes, this dish is low carb. Each serving has about 10 grams of carbs. Traditional sauces and canned sauce are not always good for a keto diet because of the added sugars, so to keep the carbs low we make our own sauce using heavy whipping cream, butter, garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper, and cream cheese. This gives a creamy sauce that is low in carbs and has the right consistency of alfredo sauce you love.
What do you serve it with?
This is a meal that you can serve all by itself. It is filling and very nutritious. But you can absolutely serve it with other things. You can make veggies on the side or make a garlic bread chaffle or cheesy biscuits. If you are looking for more low carb side dish ideas, check out some of our favorites.
It all depends on our moods. If you are looking for easy side dishes that go with this easy low carb alfredo check out some of our favorites.
- Low Carb Olive Garden Salad
- Keto Caesar Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Avocado BLT Salad
- keto Cheddar Bay Biscuits
How to Store Leftovers
Leftovers need to be stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
How long is it good for?
This dish will last in the fridge for 4 to 5 days. You can also freeze it for up to 2 months. When you’re ready to eat it, just thaw it overnight in the fridge and then reheat it on the stove over low heat until warmed through.
How to Make it Ahead of Time
If you want to make this dish ahead of time, you can definitely do that. Just cook the cabbage and sausage according to the recipe instructions. Then, transfer it to a baking dish and store it in the fridge. When you’re ready to eat, just reheat it in the oven at 350 degrees until warmed through.
Tips for Making Cabbage and Sausage Alfredo
- I make this recipe with green cabbage but you can also make it with red cabbage. You can also make it with a combination of the two types.
- I like to make this with heavy cream. It keeps it low carb and keto friendly. However, you can also make it with half and half. This adds more carbs and it won’t be keto friendly.
- Add bacon. Sometimes I like to add some cooked and crumbled bacon on top with some shredded parmesan cheese and oh yum!
- Add more veggies. You can add more veggies to this dish if you want to, if I am adding more veggies then I like to add fresh broccoli or fresh spinach.
What’s the best sausage to use?
Honestly, any sausage will work in this recipe. I prefer to use Italian sausage because it has great flavor. You can use kielbasa or andouille. Spicy sausage or Italian sausage will work great too.
You could also use beef sausage, chicken sausage, lamb sausage, or even turkey sausage. Just make sure that whatever sausage you choose is cooked all the way through before adding it to the cabbage and Alfredo sauce.
Can I use another Meat?
If you are not a fan of sausage then you can change the meat out, I like using cooked chicken breast at times for this keto pasta recipe. You can also use shrimp or scallops in place of the sausage. Cook them like the sausage and then add them into the cabbage and keto alfredo sauce mixture in place of the sausage.
Keto Fettuccine Alfredo with Sausage and Cabbage Noodles Ingredients
- Cabbage. You can use green or purple cabbage.
- Cream Cheese. You want to use block cream cheese, not the whipped cream cheese.
- butter. Salted stick butter is the best to use.
- Seasonings. Salt, Pepper, minced garlic, and onion powder, and smoked rub seasoning are the seasonings we use. If you do not have minced garlic you can use garlic powder.
- Heavy Cream. If you don’t have heavy whipping cream you can use half and half.
- Sausage. I like using link sausage over ground sausage but you can use either one. You can also use kielbasa, Italian sausage, or spicy sausage.
- Shredded Parmesan cheese. It is best to shred your own to avoid any additives that are added to preshredded cheese.
How To Make Keto Fettuccine Alfredo with Sausage and Cabbage Noodles
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Start by placing your cabbage in a deep baking dish.
Top with heavy whipping cream, butter, garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper, and cream cheese (these are your alfredo sauce ingredients).
Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
While the cabbage is baking slice the sausage.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat cook the sausage set aside until the cabbage is done cooking in the oven.
Remove the cabbage and mix well to combine the keto alfredo sauce with the cooked cabbage.
Add sausage, smoked rub, and parmesan cheese to the cabbage and alfredo sauce mixture and mix well.
Serve and enjoy!
Easy Keto Recipes
Keto Fettuccine Alfredo with Sausage and Cabbage Noodles
- 1 head Cabbage chopped
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- ½ stick butter
- 1 tablespoon Garlic
- pinch Salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 package Sausage cut up and cookedSmoked Rub Seasoning (optional)
- Shredded Parmesan for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Start by placing your cabbage in a deep baking dish.
- Top with heavy whipping cream, butter, garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper, and cream cheese (these are your alfredo sauce ingredients).
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- While the cabbage is baking slice the sausage.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat cook the sausage set aside until the cabbage is done cooking in the oven..
- Remove the cabbage and mix well to combine the keto alfredo sauce with the cooked cabbage.
- Add sausage, smoked rub, and parmesan cheese to the cabbage and alfredo sauce mixture and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply