This keto fried fish sandwich is the perfect low carb fried fish to enjoy. A flaky white fish, with a crispy crust made with almond flour fried perfectly, served on a garlic cheddar chaffle, with American cheese and homemade tarter sauce. With only 4g net carbs, you will totally feel like you are cheating but you aren’t!
Keto McFish Sandwich
This keto fried fish burger I am calling the Keto McFish Sandwich because it totally reminded me of the fish sandwich at McDonalds. Crispy fried white fish, with homemade low carb tarter sauce, cheese serve on a cheddar Garlic chaffle.
I am not a huge fan of fast food, but there are a few things that I do enjoy from McDonalds. The Big Mac being one of them so I came up with the Big Mac Salad and then the fish sandwich.
Low Carb Seafood Recipes
- Lemon Garlic Tilapia
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- Bacon Wrapped scallops
- Grilled Salmon with avocado salsa
- Oven baked Salmon
- Sheet pan shrimp boil
- Shrimp Scampi Spaghetti Squash
Best fish for Low Carb Fried Fish
When you are making this low carb fried fish sandwich, there a few different types of fish that will work. Flounder (Fluke), Cod, Tilapia, white fish, and halibut will all work. You will end up with a better sandwich if you have a thicker cut filet.
What to Serve with Keto Fried Fish Sandwiches
Whenever I make this low carb fish sandwich I tend to be full after just eating it, however if you are looking for tasty side dishes to go with it, check out a few of our low carb side dishes. Some of our favorites include broccoli slaw, broccoli salad with bacon, and Cauliflower mac and cheese.
Keto Fried Fish Sandwich Ingredients
- Keto Fried Fish Filets
- Garlic cheddar chaffles
- Tarter sauce. You can use store bought, but homemade low carb tarter sauce is much better.
- American cheese. Use real american cheese, not the processed cheese slices.
How to make Keto Fried Fish Sandwich
Cook the cheddar garlic chaffles and set aside.
Fry the fish.
Place one fried fish filet on top of a chaffle, place a piece of american cheese on top, then tarter sauce, then another chaffle.
Low Carb Dinner Ideas
Keto Fried Fish Sandwich
Keto Fried Fish
- 16 ounces white fish cut into 3 pieces
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
Garlic Cheddar Biscuits
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Keto Fish Sandwich toppings
- 3 slices American cheese
- 3 tablespoons tarter sauce
- Lettuce optional
- Tomato Slices optional
- Pour your oil in a large cast iron pan or a deep fryer and heat the oil to 350ºF.
- Slice your fish so they are about 4 inch wide.
- In a shallow bowl or pie plate combine the almond flour, cheese, galic, salt and pepper.
- In another shallow bowl or pie plate, whisk the egg until its combined.
- Dip the fish into the egg then into the almond flour mixture until well coated.
- Place into the oil and cook for 2-3 minutes until the bottom is golden brown, flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Place on a cooling rack to drip off excess oil. Repeat with the other pieces of fish making sure you dont over crowd the pan.
- While you cook your fish heat up your dash mini waffle maker.
- In a small bowl mix the egg, garlic powder, and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Once the dash waffle maker is heated up add in 1/6th the chaffle mixture. Cook for 4 minutes and remove. Repeat this step with the chaffle mixture.
- Place the fish ontop of a chaffle top with a slice of cheese and one tablespoon of tarter sauce, then top with another chaffle.