Low Carb Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce. This easy low carb cranberry sauce side dish is perfect for any holiday meal. With just 5 ingredients and water, plus 5 minutes of prep this keto cranberry sauce is easy to make too!
Low Carb Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce
Side dishes are such a big part of a holiday meal and while the Turkey and ham are low carb for the main course, the side dishes we enjoy at holiday dinners are typically not. However there are some very tasty low carb holiday side dish recipes, including this keto cranberry sauce, that mean you get all the holiday foods you enjoy with out messing up your way of eatinig.
Low Carb Holiday Side Dishes
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Keto Green Bean Casserole
- Low Carb Stuffed Mushrooms
- Keto Mac and Cheese
- Cheesy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- Parmesan Asparagus
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- Green beans with bacon
Are Cranberries Keto Friendly?
Yes! Cranberries are not only keto friendly and low carb but they are healthy too! There are just 12g carbs in a cup of raw cranberries and 4g fiber per cup of cranberries. They are also a source of vitamins and minerals that are healthy too! This sugar free cranberry sauce has just 4g net carbs per serving!
How to Make Cranberry Sauce with out Sugar
Cranberries are naturally tart so you need to sweeten them up when you are cooking them to make cranberry sauce. In place of sugar I use swerve, but you can also use monkfruit, and a small amount of Orange juice. If you are not a fan of Orange juice because it adds carbs you can use Orange extract instead. However the orange juice adds a total of 6g carbs to the whole dish, adding less than 1g carbs per serving so I am ok with having the orange juice when I make mine.
Can I make Low Carb Cranberry Sauce ahead of time?
Yes! One great thing about this homemade cranberry sauce is you can make days ahead of serving. Allow it to cool completely and then store in an airtight container in the fridge. Fresh made cranberry sauce will keep in the fridge for 10-14 days as long as it is stored in an airtight container.
If you like having your cranberry sauce warm, you can simply reheat it in a sauce pan on the stove or in the microwave before serving.
Can I freeze Keto Cranberry Sauce?
You sure can! Just allow the cranberry sauce to cool completely and then pour in to plastic freezer bags. Squeeze the air out of the bag as you are closing it and lay the bag flat. Push the cranberry sauce around in the bag to make sure it is even and then lay the bag flat in the freezer. Frozen cranberry sauce will keep for up to 1 year in the freezer.
Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce Ingredients
- fresh cranberries
- Orange juice. You can also use Orange extract instead, however the orange juice adds a total of 6g carbs to the whole dish, adding less than 1g carbs per serving so I am ok with having the orange juice when I make mine.
- swerve or monkfruit sweetener
- Orange zest. To get orange zest just scrape the peel of an orange.
- Cinnamon stick
How to Make Sugar Free Low Carb Cranberry Sauce
In a medium saucepan combine all the ingredients and stir well.
Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Once it comes to a boil reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 10 minutes until it has thickened and most of the berries have burst.
Remove the cinnamon stick from the cranberry sauce.
Remove the mixture from the heat and move the sauce to your serving container. Allow the mixture to cool until it has thickend up about 15-20 minutes.
Keto Holiday Dessert Recipes
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie
- Keto Pumpkin Dessert Lasagna
- Sugar Free Chocolate Mousse Pie
- Keto Lemon Pie
- Low Carb Strawberry Pie
- Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Low Carb Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce
- 12 ounce fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup swerve
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cinnamon stick
- In a medium saucepan combine all the ingredients and stir well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Once it comes to a boil reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 10 minutes until it has thickened and most of the berries have burst.
- Remove the cinnamon stick from the cranberry sauce.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and move the sauce to your serving container. Allow the mixture to cool until it has thickend up about 15-20 minutes.