Keto Strawberry pie is an easy low carb dessert that is perfect for anytime of year. With a homemade walnut crust, fluffy strawberry mousse then topped with homemade whipped cream, this keto strawberry dessert is perfect for after dinner or a get together.
Keto Strawberry Pie
You may have noticed a theme here when it comes to keto pies and summery keto desserts. I created the walnut pie crust not to long ago when I created my Low Carb Chocolate mousse pie and I have fallen in love!
My newest creation is this strawberry mousse pie. I made strawberry mousse and automatically thought of how amazing it would be as a pie.
The low carb mousse is smooth and flavorful, and the low carb pie crust made with walnuts gives it the perfect crust while not being over powering to the strawberry flavor in the keto mousse.
Fruity Keto Desserts
Tips for Making this Recipe
Allow the pie crust to fully cool. It is important that the pie crust is fully cooled before adding the strawberry mousse filling.
Bake the crust in a glass or ceramic dish. The pie crust will bake more evenly.
Serve the pie cold. This keto mousse pie is best served cold.
Use a 9 inch pie pan. This recipe makes a pie that fills a 9 inch pie pan.
How to Store
After making the pie store it in the fridge. It will keep in the fridge if covered with plastic wrap for 3-4 days. That is if it even makes it into the fridge after everyone has tried it. I can not guarantee that you will have any leftovers once everyone takes a bit of this easy low carb pie.
Best Sweetener to use
For this keto dessert pie recipe you will want to use a granulated sugar alternative. My go to sweeteners are swerve and monkfruit, you can use either one in this sugar free dessert.
Keto Strawberry Pie Ingredients
How to Make Keto Strawberry Pie
Bake the Walnut Pie Crust and allow to cool.
While the pie crust is cooling make the strawberry pie filling and set aside.
Then make the homemade sugar free whipped cream and put into a piping bag.
Fill the pie crust and smooth.
Pipe the whipped cream around the edges of the pie.
Refridgerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
Easy Keto Desserts
Walnut Pie Crust
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups walnuts
Strawberry Mousse Pie Filling
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar free strawberry Jell-o Powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated erythritol sweetener
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Sugar Free Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated erythritol sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Make Walnut Pie Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place the walnuts and butter in your food processor or blender. Pulse for 2 minutes until the nuts are in tiny pieces and blended in with the butter.
- Place the mixture into your pie pan and press it around the whole pan until it spread evenly, I used a rubber spatula to help smooth.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
How to Make Strawberry Pie Filling
- In a medium mixing bowl combine heavy cream, strawberry jello powder, erythritol sweetener, and vanilla extract together.
- Whip the mixture with a hand mixer until it gets a whipped cream texture, about three minutes.
How to Make Sugar Free Whipped Cream
- Add the heavy cream, vanilla extract, and sweetener into the mixing bowl.
- Using the stand mixer whisk attachment or a hand mixer mix the heavy cream and sweetener together until the whipped cream is light and fluffy on high speed.
Assembling Keto strawberry Pie
- While the pie crust is cooling make your whipped cream and put it in the fridge.
- Once the pie crust is cooled make the strawberry keto mouse filling and pour it into the pie crust.
- Top with whipped cream around the edges of the pie.
You can lower the calorie count if you use less whipped cream then you make.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 445Total Fat: 49gSodium: 69mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g