Keto pumpkin pie with walnut pie crust is the best low carb pumpkin pie recipe ever. All the flavors of pumpkin pie, with the perfect texture while being low carb! Just 5g net carbs per serving!
Keto Pumpkin Pie with Pecan Walnut Pie Crust
As much as I love the crustless mini pumpkin pies this year I really wanted to have a traditional pumpkin pie but one that was keto friendly and low carb. I am SUPER picky about my pumpkin pie. I have been loving my walnut pie crust and thought it would be the perfect base for getting started with a low carb pie crust for my low carb pumpkin pie.
Pumpkin pie is my all time favorite pie and it had to be 100% perfect before sharing with all of you. I am happy to tell you that you won’t even be able to tell the difference between a carb loaded homemade pumpkin pie and this low carb pumpkin pie.
Love Pumpkin? Be sure to check out these other tasty Low Carb Pumpkin Recipes!
- Keto Layered Pumpkin Dessert
- Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino
- Salted Caramel Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin Spice Whipped Coffee
- Best Low Carb Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin Spice Creamer
What do you serve with Keto pumpkin pie?
You can serve this pie all by itself. It tastes amazing! If you are wanting to fancy it up, add a scoop of keto vanilla ice cream or some whipped cream!
You can use store bought but making homemade whipped cream is super easy to do! Of course you do not have to top this keto pumpkin pie with anything if you don’t want to.
How to make homemade Sugar-Free Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated erythritol sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Add the heavy cream, vanilla extract, and sweetener into the mixing bowl. Using the stand mixer whisk attachment or a hand mixer mix the heavy cream and sweetener together until the whipped cream is light and fluffy on high speed.
Tips for Making Keto Pumpkin Pie
Do not over bake. You want to make sure you don’t overcook the pie. Overcooking will cause the pie to crack in the center. While cracking of the pie won’t ruin the taste of the low carb Pumpkin Pie from Scratch, it will make it not look as pretty as without a crack.
Homemade pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin puree. When you are making this homemade pumpkin pie you can use canned pumpkin, or you can step it up a notch and use homemade pumpkin puree. I personally use homemade because it makes the pie even better! However, you can use canned pumpkin, just in case you don’t have the time to make homemade pumpkin puree.
Making the Pecan Walnut Crust. If you do not like walnuts, or you do not like pecans you can substitute each of them and only use pecans when making the crust or only use walnuts when making the crust.
How to Store keto Pumpkin Pie
If you are not going to serve your pie right away then after it has cooled completely store your pie in the fridge.
Once baked this homemade pie can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days.
How Do you know when Keto Pumpkin Pie is done cooking?
When you are baking a pumpkin pie you can tell it is done by inserting a butter knife into the center, and if it comes out clean then it is done baking.
You can also do the “pie jiggle test”. Jiggle the pie just a bit and if the filling jiggles just a tiny bit in the center of the pie. If the whole pie filling is still jiggling then you need to bake your pie a little bit longer.
Keto Pumpkin Pie Ingredients
Walnut Pie Crust Ingredients
Keto Pumpkin Pie Filling Ingredients
How to Make Keto Pumpkin Pie
Make and bake the pecan walnut pie crust.
Make the keto pumpkin pie filling.
Pour the pie filling into the pie crust after it is done baking.
Bake the low carb pumpkin pie until done. A toothpick will come out clean when it is done.
Once fully baked remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
Serve as is or with low carb whipped cream or keto vanilla ice cream.
Keto Holiday Recipes
If you are looking for more holiday recipes to make be sure to check out these keto and low carb holiday dinner recipes.
- Keto gravy
- Keto Cranberry Sauce
- Cauliflower stuffing with sausage
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Keto Green Bean Casserole
- Low Carb Stuffed Mushrooms
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Cheesy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- Parmesan Asparagus
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- Green beans with bacon
- Oven Roasted turkey breast
- Dry Brine for turkey
Keto Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Walnut Pie Crust Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cups walnuts
- 1 cup pecans
- How to Make Keto Pumpkin Pie
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place the walnuts and butter in your food processor or blender. Pulse for 2 minutes until the nuts are in tiny pieces and blended in with the butter.
- Place the mixture into your pie pan and press it around the whole pan until it spread evenly, I used a rubber spatula to help smooth.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until the crust is golden brown. While the pie crust is baking make the pumpkin pie filling.
- In a large bowl add the pumpkin puree and the eggs. Use a whisk and mix well.
- Once mixed well add in the heavy cream and mix well.
- Add in the pumpkin spice, salt, and Lakanto monk fruit and mix well. Pour the pumpkin pie into the pie crust.
- Bake at 425 for 10 mins and then turn down to temperature to 350 and bake for another 30 mins.
- Use a toothpick to check and make sure they are cooked completely.
- The toothpick will come out clean when they are. Once fully baked remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes.